NameStorm the Bluffs Trail Run MTB Duathlon
Eventsoffroad duathlon17K trail run11K trail run5K trail run
Dec 5, 2020 Saturday
Extended Listing Information
Details from event's RunSignUp.com listing:
Help us raise funds for youth mental health education and services at the Family & Children's Center in Winona as you explore the Plowline trails of the Bronk Forest Management Unit in Minnesota City, MN. Trail runners will get to experience the steep climbs and wooded trails that wind through the bluff. Mountain bikers will ride some fast rolling single and double track with a tough heart-racing climb in the first half-mile of the race. You can get the best of both worlds if you join in on the duathlon!
- Trail Run - 5 k (3.4 miles)
- Trail Run - 11k (6.9 miles)
- Trail Run - 17k (10.6 miles)
- Mountain Bike - 11k (6.9 miles)
- Mountain Bike - 17k (10.6 miles)
- Duathlon - Run 11k, Mountain Bike 17k, Run 2k
We want to have all skill and experience levels join us at Storm the Bluffs. To ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all participants we have structured our COVID Protocols to start each event in 4 person waves with 30 second spacing between waves. Your start position will be based on a few questions about your pace and anticipated finish time. We will line up those with faster times first and follow with waves until all participants are on the course. This spacing will allow everyone to enjoy the event no matter their personal skill level.
The top male and female finisher in each event will receive a custom cup from Compass Ceramics.
- 8:00 am - 11k/17k Mountain Bike Check-in
- 8:30 am - 11k/17k Mountain Bike Start - staggered waves
- 8:00 am - 11k/17k/2k Duathlon Check-in
- 8:30 am - 11k/17k/2k Duathlon Start - staggered waves
- 12:00 pm - 17k Trail Run Check-in
- 12:30 pm - 17k Trail Run Start - staggered 4 person waves
- 1:30 pm - 11k Trail Run Check-in
- 2:00 pm - 11k Trail Run Start - staggered 4 person waves
- 2:30 pm - 5k Trail Run Check-in
- 3:00 pm - 5k Trail Run Start - staggered 4 person waves
COVID Preparedness, FAQs & Policies
Please carefully read the COVID Preparedness Plan, FAQs & Policies documents. It’s your responsibility to understand the contents of these documents and to be willing to follow all of our safety procedures.
As part of our COVID Plan, we ask that there are limited or preferably no spectators at this event. Any spectators will be restricted to a designated space near the finish area and not allowed on the course. If there is a reason that you will have a spectator attend, please have them register as on this website and have them check-in on race day for a COVID Screening. This will assist us with our COVID contact tracing documentation.
As you finish you will receive your award and a small to-go bag snack. We ask that once finished you collect yourself and belongings and move to your vehicle. While we wish we could all hang out and swap stories in-person post race, we'll need to share our stories through Facebook and Instagram to relive the excitement of the day.
If you choose not to participate but want to be involved, Volunteers will be needed pre-race, post-race, and throughout the day. Just click the volunteer link above and answer a few questions and welcome to the team!
In an effort to lessen our race footprint on the environment, we are cupless. Please bring your own reusable cup, refillable water bottle, etc… You will have an opportunity to purchase a silicone drinking cup at checkout.
For the love of all that is good and moisture wicking...
ALWAYS visit the race's website for the most complete and accurate race information.
Added to our DirectoryOct 18, 2020
Last Updated in our DirectoryOct 18, 2020
Updates, Corrections, or Problems
Run-Time: Saved Race
- A claimed race is one that you are a contact for. We can email you when we update our listing, or if we have questions or concerns. You can schedule reminder emails to renew your race listings.
- You must Create an Account and Log In, or use an Authorization Code to claim Listings.
- Learn more about Claimed Listings