Details from event's RunSignUp.com listing:
Join us again this year for a family fun event with an 5k trail run/walk and 10k trail run extravaganza! Both races will be run on 95% trail (a combination of mowed and hard packed trails) and the brief 5% on a black top surface. This race is at dusk so headlamps are encouraged (but not supplied) for safety depending on how long it will take you to finish the course (sunset at 7:14 pm). The 10k is two loops of the 5k course to avoid traffic on roads at night. Costumes are highly recommended as we will have a costume contest. WWH will provide bonfires, hot chocolate/cider, and s'more ingredients. Last year we had snow on the course and the next weekend was 50 degrees, so be prepared for anything.*
5k - begins at promptly at 6 pm with one start time.
10k - begins at promptly at 5:30 pm with one start time.
Packet Pickup and Race Day Registration - Starts at 4:30pm. Race packets includes a chipped bib, lantern, and race day long sleeve shirt (shirts guaranteed till Oct 1) per participant.
Awards for both 5k and 10k: Medals for overall winners plus the top three male and female in the following age categories (there is NO separate walking running division):
- 19 and Under
Awards will be given out at the end of the night, so feel free to stay and enjoy the hot chocolate/cider and s'mores.*
Costume Cash Prizes: There will be a $50 cash prize for the top two costumes:
- There will be a judges table open from 5 to 6 pm. You don't need to register for the costume contest, just make sure you walk by the judges table during that time frame.
- Early Bird Pricing (Prior to September 15): $25
- September 15 to October 8: $30
- October 9 to Race Day: $35
*Due to rising COVID numbers, the race MAY go virtual. There is no talk of it now, but if it does, we may set up the course for people anyway. Please stay posted as we assess numbers coming to the event.
For the love of all that is good and moisture wicking...
ALWAYS visit the race's website for the most complete and accurate race information.
Added to our DirectorySep 17, 2020
Last Updated in our DirectoryJul 24, 2021
This event has concludedWe hope to update it for 2022
Updates, Options, Corrections, or Problems
Run-Time: Saved Race
- A claimed race is one that you are a contact for. We can email you when we update our listing, or if we have questions or concerns. You can schedule reminder emails to renew your race listings.
- You must Create an Account and Log In, or use an Authorization Code to claim Listings.
- Learn more about Claimed Listings