Details from event's RunSignUp.com listing:
The Up For Air Series is a collection of endurance events created to amplify informed dialogue and empower individuals and organizations actively working on air quality solutions. Proceeds from Up For Air events are directed at carefully selected non-profit groups who demonstrate high value influence strategies and efforts in the battle for better air. The race platform is used to expose participants and the general public to science-based material about the importance of healthy air. All events are conducted with a minimal footprint philosophy.
Running Up For Air-Staunton is the Colorado edition of the Running Up for Air Series: a 3, 6, 12, or 24-hour winter endurance challenge that takes place at Staunton State Park in Colorado. Now in its 6th year, Running Up for Air Staunton was launched in 2017 to raise money in support of the fight for improved air quality for those who live along the front range of Colorado - extending from Ft. Collins to Pueblo. The race concept is pretty simple: participants run a 7.1 mile marked trail loop from the start at the Lazy V parking lot as many times as you can in the allotted time. Each lap is 7.1 miles, give or take, and offers just over 1600' of gain, and conditions can be tricky in the winter months - think snow and ice! The time of year - February - is intentional as it coincides with the latter part of the winter inversion "season" here in Colorado. Given the time of year the route is inevitably almost entirely snow covered and can easily involve harsh winter mountain conditions.
RUFA-Staunton is scheduled for February 24-25, 2023. New this year is the option to do a team for the 24-hour and 12-hour events. In the 24-hour, teams can be 2 or 4 person, and in the 12-hour teams can be 2-person. Here, too, runners are expected to become fundraisers to support the good work of our selected nonprofit partners, the Wilderness Society, Protect Our Winters and Conservation Colorado, chosen for their hard work improving our air quality and preserving and protecting our natural environment.
This year, we have also partnered with Wander Project to ensure all of our athletes have the fundraising supports they need to help us hit our goal of $30,000!
For the love of all that is good and moisture wicking...
ALWAYS visit the race's website for the most complete and accurate race information.
Added to our DirectoryDec 29, 2019
Last Updated in our DirectoryOct 4, 2022
Last checked by a snack-eating human.Nov 3, 2022
Appears in Directories
This event has concludedWe hope to update it for 2024
Updates, Options, Corrections, or Problems
- Because we personally verify everything that is submitted to us, we allow anyone to submit an update or correction, or report a problem. No need to create an account or log in.
- Submit an Update Or Correction
- Feature This Listing
- Report a Bad Link
- Remove From Directory
Run-Time: Saved Race
- A Saved Race is one that has been added to your personal directory. You can organized races in lists, and add comments for your own personal reminders and information.
- You must Create an Account and Log In to save races to your own personal directory.
- Learn more about Saved Races
- A claimed race is one that you are a contact for. We can email you when we update our listing, or if we have questions or concerns. You can schedule reminder emails to renew your race listings.
- You must Create an Account and Log In, or use an Authorization Code to claim Listings.
- Learn more about Claimed Listings