NameNew Year's Day Hair Of The Dog Run
Events8K run1M run
Jan 1, 2021 Friday
Extended Listing Information
This listing has been flagged as incomplete, unconfirmed, conflicting, or missing links. We are actively trying to resolve the issue.
Details from event's RunSignUp.com listing:
August 31 Update: Registration is open for the 2021 New Year's Day Hair of the Dog Run/Walk. Our hope is to be able to hold this event in person, so we have opened registration. Plans for 2021: If all goes well, we will try to hold the event just as we have in the past.
- The first 600 registrants receive the classic soft cotton race t-shirt with the race logo
- First 100 Doggie Dash registrants also receive a race bib with the name of their dog on it
- Overall Fleet Feet gift certificates and HOTD pint glasses as prizes to top three men and women and first-master, plus age group awards in 5-year for U15 through 80+
- Flat and fast course 8k (5-mile) race along the scenic Pantano Wash, running on The Loop
- Dragoon Beer Garden for all 21+
- LeBuzz Sweet and Savory Scones for all registrants
- Live Music from Shrimp Chaperone, local Desert Surf Rockers
- Pre- and Post-Race Expo, with local Tucson goodies
- Professional timing by Greg Wenneborg and Roadrunner Race Timing
Note, if we cannot hold the event in person at Udall Park, these are the current options:
1) Provide refunds to all those who ask.
2) Find an alternative route. For example, we're hoping to move our October TMC Get Moving Tucson half-marathon to a different location that does not have so many permit requirements, while utilizing current best practices for social distancing and public safety.
3) Move to a virtual event and give everyone the race souvenirs and opportunities for raffle awards (instead of age group awards). We did this successfully with the TMC Meet Me Downtown Night Run back in May and we're planning this for the TMC Tucson 10k.
We at Run Tucson are delighted to work with our race partners, including Fleet Feet (Tucson, with two locations, one near the race at Udall Park and one at Oracle and Ina), Le Buzz Coffee & Company, Whole Foods, Adobe Veterinary, and Dragoon Brewery. For questions about future sponsorships, vendor space, or event operations, please contact RRCA Certified Race Director Randy Accetta at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions about how to get in shape to run or race a 1-mile or a 5k, please contact RRCA Certified Running Coach Tia Accetta at email@example.com.
For the love of all that is good and moisture wicking...
ALWAYS visit the race's website for the most complete and accurate race information.
Added to our DirectoryJul 19, 2019
Last Updated in our DirectoryJun 23, 2020
Last checked by a snack-eating human.Jul 27, 2020
Request a Re-Check
Updates, Corrections, or Problems
Run-Time: Saved Race
- A claimed race is one that you are a contact for. We can email you when we update our listing, or if we have questions or concerns. You can schedule reminder emails to renew your race listings.
- You must Create an Account and Log In, or use an Authorization Code to claim Listings.
- Learn more about Claimed Listings