NameRun for Memories
Jun 20, 2019 Thursday Past Date
Extended Listing Information
Details from event's RunSignUp.com listing:
Be sure to join us for our 1st annual Run for Memories and 2nd Walk for Memories. The Walk for Memories is from 4:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m. This is an opportunity to visit booths, enjoy activities, and walk around the walking path to raise awareness for dementia and remember and honor those affected by dementia. This year we are adding a 5k fun run to the event. The run will begin at Independence Park, Marshall at 6:00 PM. It's guaranteed to be a great time.
Early Bird Price: $25; Price increase is June 1: $35
* Race Packet pick up will be available starting at 4:00 p.m. the day of the race at Independence Park.
*There are bathrooms at the park to use.
* There are T-shirts for those who registered before the May 31st deadline. Extra shirts will be distributed on a first-come-first-served basis. Will share T-shirt design on facebook page soon.
*The Run for Memories 5K begins at 6:00 PM. Please plan to line up for this race around 5:55 PM. The start line Independence Park by the shelter. Please note: The streets are not closed; be aware of your surroundings at all times and stay on the left side of the road for the majority of the race. Walkers, strollers, and dogs on leashes are welcome. If you plan to walk the race, please be courteous of your fellow participants and line up near the back of the chute. This will allow those running for personal bests to get out of the chute quickly. The 5K finish is at Independence Park near shelter.
* The race is not chipped time as this is a fun run.
* Volunteers will be spaced throughout the route, these individuals will be wearing TBD.
* A water station will be available approximately half way through the race.
* Bottles of water and bananas will be provided at the conclusion of the race.
* The race map will be posted on Marshall Area Dementia Awareness Network Facebook page when it is available. Currently not available. (https://www.facebook.com/ACTonAlzMarshall/) Check the page often for updates!
*We love seeing your race day photos—please tag the Marshall Area Dementia Awareness Network in your social media posts!
*Registration is open until the start of the race. However, there is no need to wait until you get to the race to register!
*Thank you for participating in our Run for Memories.
*All funds will stay local to continue to fulfill our mission in the Marshall community. Follow our facebook page to keep up to date on what we are doing locally (https://www.facebook.com/ACTonAlzMarshall/). Our network's mission is raising awareness through education, and advocating and connecting those experiencing memory loss and other symptoms of dementia to health, social, and spiritual services in our community.
For the love of all that is good and moisture wicking...
ALWAYS visit the race's website for the most complete and accurate race information.
Added to our DirectoryApr 28, 2019
Last Updated in our DirectoryApr 28, 2019
Last checked by a snack-eating human.May 30, 2020
This event has concludedWe hope to update it for 2021
Page Views - 66
We began reporting page views for details pages on November 1, 2019. Today's page views will be reported tomorrow.
Connections - 10
Connections are when someone clicks a link for this listing, to go to the listing's official website, web page, information, etc.
We began reporting connections on November 1, 2019. Today's connections will be reported tomorrow.
Updates, Corrections, or Problems
Run-Time: Saved Race
- A claimed race is one that you are a contact for. We can email you when we update our listing, or if we have questions or concerns. You can schedule reminder emails to renew your race listings.
- You must Create an Account and Log In, or use an Authorization Code to claim Listings.
- Learn more about Claimed Listings