Details from event's RunSignUp.com listing:
THE 2021 RE-DO! In order for everyone to experience the course in reverse, we are going to keep it REVERSE for 2022.
There's nothing else like it in Tucson ~ It's a running relay* on the Loop.
What's the "Loop"?
The Chuck Huckelberry Loop is 120+ miles of paved, shared-use paths that connect the Rillito, Santa Cruz, and Pantano River Parks with the Julian Wash and Harrison Road Greenways. The RunAround Tucson will use 53 miles of the Loop. View the map to see the event's course.
How Does the Relay Work?
This is a supported relay race with Ten Exchanges (eleven running legs).
The relay Starts and Finishes at Brandi Fenton Park. Distances between the Exchanges vary from 3.16 miles to 8.55 miles.
2022 CHANGE - Reversed Course!
That's right, we're getting Loopy over here and have decided to reverse the course in 2022.
Even Year Exchange Legs
- From Start to NEW Exchange One - 4.07 miles (a Loop access parking lot)
- To Exchange Two - 3.45 miles (Centrepark parking lot)
- To Exchange Three - 5.55 miles (Fantasy Island parking lot)
- To NEW Exchange Four - 5.00 (park and ride lot off of Old Rita Rd)
- To Exchange Five - 8.58 miles (
- NEW ~ Teams can divide Leg 5 into 2 Legs (3.2 miles and 5.38 miles) using an "unofficial exchange" at the Roy Schoonover Trail Head on Kolb Rd. This leg can be covered by 2 existing team members, OR teams can add another runner via registration.
- To NEW Exchange Six - 3.90 miles (Willie Blake Jr. Park)
- To NEW Exchange Seven - 4.87 miles
- To NEW Exchange Eight - 3.85 miles (Juhan Park)
- To NEW Exchange Nine - 3.77 miles (del Cerro Park)
- To Exchange Ten - 4.72 (Curtis Park)
- To the Finish - 7.04 miles
- Still 55.80 Miles of FUN! - UPDATED
What Constitutes a "Team"?
The minimum number allowed on a team is two, and the maximum number is eleven.
Teammate One starts from Brandi Fenton and runs to Exchange 1, where he/she will check in with the Event Time Keeper, and then hand off to Teammate Two to begin his/her run to Exchange 2, and so forth. You MUST check in at every Exchange, even if you have less than 11 runners on a team. If your team does not check in at every Exchange, your team will be considered a DNF and will be ineligible of a team award. This does not include the Ultra Loopy Runners, who only have to check in at Exchange 5.
All teams must be done and off the course by 6:30 p.m. (You have 11.5 hours to complete the course. That's an average of 13:00 minutes per mile.)
Each team is responsible for getting their teammates to the Exchanges and back to the Start/Finish line to celebrate.
RaceJoy will be active! Download the app and you’ll be able to track your runners all day.
The Finish Line
Party, free food and drinks, and Awards at the Finish Line,
New Awards in 2022
Awards will go 3 deep in the following categories:
~- All Male, All Female and Co-Ed Teams with 4-11 runners (Full Relay Teams)
~ All Male, All Female and Co-Ed Teams with 2 runners (Half Loopy Relay Teams).
~ Ultra (solo) runners Male and Female (Ultra Loopy)
Best Dressed Team and Best Team Name (to be determined by event Sponsor)
For the love of all that is good and moisture wicking...
ALWAYS visit the race's website for the most complete and accurate race information.
Added to our DirectoryNov 23, 2018
Last Updated in our DirectoryJun 16, 2021
Updates, Options, Corrections, or Problems
Run-Time: Saved Race
- A claimed race is one that you are a contact for. We can email you when we update our listing, or if we have questions or concerns. You can schedule reminder emails to renew your race listings.
- You must Create an Account and Log In, or use an Authorization Code to claim Listings.
- Learn more about Claimed Listings