NameDowntown Run Around
Events10K run5K run1M runkids runVirtual Option
On-Site Race Aug 15, 2021 Sunday
Description was submitted to us. We do not confirm or monitor its accuracy.DescriptionMile in My Shoes is a nonprofit that builds bonds, boosts wellness and sparks social action by bringing the power of running to people experiencing homelessness and other barriers.ModifiedThis description was last modified Feb 13, 2021
Details from event's RunSignUp.com listing:
The 5th annual Downtown Run Around benefiting Mile in My Shoes is here! We’re thrilled to plan our return to an in-person event on August 15th, 2021, with a 5K race for all ages and Kids' 1/2-mile on the iconic Stone Arch Bridge in Minneapolis (COVID restrictions permitting).
We’re also offering virtual options including 1 mile, 5K, and 10K runs—plus the "Hat Trick" challenge to run all three! All options bring you team and fundraising contests, plus an inspiring and active online community throughout the training season and into race day. Join us the weekend of August 15 from wherever you are!
Choose how you’ll join us:
- Pick your event and register for the in-person 5K or Kids' 1/2 mile OR the virtual 1-mile, 5K, or 10K -- or tackle all three with the "MiMS Hat Trick"
- Create a FundRacing page: Make your race even more meaningful by inviting friends and family to support you and Mile in My Shoes by setting up an optional fundraising page. There is no minimum to raise, only great prizes to win!
- Spread the "woo" by referring your friends and family to join you in-person or virtually, and earn rewards including a $50 gift card to Mill City Run/Saint City Run!
- The in-person events are contingent on current COVID-safety regulations in place at the time of the race. If MiMS decides we cannot run a safe race that meets the restrictions, the in-person event will be converted to virtual.
- For the virtual options, you will complete the race wherever you are, with our online community cheering you on! You get to pick your location and run anytime between Friday, August 13 and Sunday, August 15, 2021 by 5 pm, then report your results to us.
For the love of all that is good and moisture wicking...
ALWAYS visit the race's website for the most complete and accurate race information.
Added to our DirectoryMay 7, 2018
Last Updated in our DirectoryMar 19, 2021
Updates, Corrections, or Problems
Run-Time: Saved Race
- A claimed race is one that you are a contact for. We can email you when we update our listing, or if we have questions or concerns. You can schedule reminder emails to renew your race listings.
- You must Create an Account and Log In, or use an Authorization Code to claim Listings.
- Learn more about Claimed Listings