NameMillennium Meadows Marathon
Events26.2M run13.3M run6M run
Aug 30, 2020 Sunday Past Date
Extended Listing Information
Details from event's RunSignUp.com listing:
NOTICE: Our event is still on as of August 22, 2020. We anticipate being able to put on a safe event. If you register for this event, please know that if we have to cancel due to changes in Michigan's requirements, the only option you will have is to defer your registration to our event in 2021.
PLEASE NOTE--STARTING TIMES WILL BE AT 6:00 FOR MARATHON, 7:00 FOR HALF MARATHON, 8:00 FOR 6-MILE. See below for wave times.
Marathon, 13.35 Half Marathon (with a 13.1 split mat!), and a 6 Mile option as well! At Secchia Meadows in Millennium Park, one of the great facilities of our Kent County Park system. LIMITED TO 100 RUNNERS PER EVENT!
WE WILL HAVE NO MORE THAN 100 PEOPLE ON SITE AT ANY TIME! SEE BELOW FOR DETAILS.
A good warmup for your fall marathon or just a chance to run in our beautiful Millennium Park! CONTACT US WITH QUESTIONS email@example.com, 616 293 3145
COVID-19 Rule Changes for Millennium Meadows Marathon
(UPDATED 8/22/2020) Since the Millennium Meadows event is being run with a smaller crowd, we have more flexibility to accommodate runners. As of today, 8/22/2020, the Millennium Meadows Marathon meets the criteria to proceed under the Michigan Safe Start Plan Phase 4 Guidelines (maximum of 100 people in an outdoor gathering). However, please note that given the dynamic nature of the COVID-19 restrictions, this can change at any time. Stay tuned to our website for updates.
The Millennium Meadows Marathon will be redesigned to minimize runner, volunteer, and spectator risks in the current COVID-19 environment. Part of our redesign is dependent upon runners adhering to public health guidelines out of respect for their fellow runners and humans. Some of these changes are mandated by the State of Michigan Department of Health. Other changes are the result of medical team, Kent County Parks, volunteer, runner, and event input. We ask for everyone’s understanding and cooperation as we prioritize safety, your personal race goals, and race experience over some of our typical amenities and the spectator’s experience.
Here are some highlights of the redesign:
– 2020 Millennium Meadows Marathon will have a limited field capacity this year in order to comply with Michigan Phase 4.
– 2020 Millennium Meadows Marathon will be in separate waves. We will start the next wave as quickly as we can--but everyone needs to stay in the staging area until your group is called forward. Runners are seeded by qualifying times needed in Boston 2021. Waves will line up according to the pace signs near the starting area and will be kept apart by at least 50 feet. We will split waves up into smaller numbers so that a maximum of 50 runners per wave may be maintained. ALL RUNNERS MUST WEAR MASKS PRIOR TO RACE START WHILE IN THE STAGING AREA. We will provide a receptacle to dispose of masks shortly past the start line.
MARATHON EARLY START RUNNERS WILL BE RELEASED TO START ONE RUNNER EVERY 5 SECONDS.
Wave 1 – 6:00 a.m. Early Starters (Anyone planning to take more than 5:30 hours to run a marathon) IT'S GONNA BE DARK. BRING A HEADLAMP IF YOU WANT!
MARATHON GENERAL START RUNNERS WILL BE RELEASED TO START ONE RUNNER EVERY 5 SECONDS.
Wave 2 – 6:30 Marathon runners expecting to finish in under 4 hours
Wave 3 – 6:40 Marathon runners expecting to finish in over 4 hours
Runners who don't feel comfortable in staging area may start after the main field any time before the marathon start line closes at 6:45
HALF MARATHON - PLEASE PLAN TO ARRIVE ON SITE NO EARLER THAN 6:15
HALF MARATHON AT 7:00 AM (Please be in staging area between 6:45 and 7:00) RUNNERS WILL BE RELEASED TO START ONE RUNNER EVERY 5 SECONDS.
Wave 4 – 7:00 Half marathon runners expecting to finish in under 1:30
Wave 5 – 7:15 Half marathon runners expecting to finish in over 1:30
Half marathon start line closes at 7:30
Runners who don't feel comfortable in staging area may start after the main field any time before the half marathon start line closes at 7:30
SIX MILE - PLEASE PLAN TO ARRIVE ON SITE NO EARLER THAN 7:15
Wave 6 – 8:00 6-mile runners
Wave 7 – 8:10 If numbers warrant, the slower 6 mile runners will start in a second wave
Runners who don't feel comfortable in staging area may start after the main field any time before the 6-mile start line closes at 8:15
STARTING PROCEDURES FOR ALL RACES
Runners will stage in the large grassy area located behind the Millennium Meadows pavilion. Signs will be posted by your projected pace. Hang out within a few feet of the sign that most closely matches your pace. Runners will be released from the staging area one at a time approximately every 5 seconds. Face covering (mask) must be worn until you have crossed the starting line. The race is providing a bandana for every runner which may be used as your face covering.
– No spectators in the race village/start-finish area until 8 am. Runners will finish the half marathon and marathon from 8:20 from 9:30 a.m. -12 p.m., so there will be plenty of time to see your runner on the loop course after the race has begun.
– Aid Stations Both aid stations will have water and Gatorade available, pre-poured and on the tables for runners to pick up—Volunteers will not personally hand cups to runners. Other nutritional supplements (gels, cookies, etc.) must be carried by runners for their own use.
– Limited Post Race Village amenities. Including pre-packaged post race food and beverages handed to runners by volunteers
– Time allowed in the Post Race Village will be limited so runners do not bunch. We’d love to hang around and have a party, but we’re just not going to. Post race food will consist of pre-packaged snacks and pre-bottled drinks. (And, darn it, we won't have beer for runners in the post-race area.)
For the love of all that is good and moisture wicking...
ALWAYS visit the race's website for the most complete and accurate race information.
Added to our DirectoryFeb 22, 2018
Last Updated in our DirectoryNov 1, 2019
Last checked by a snack-eating human.Jul 23, 2020
This event has concludedWe hope to update it for 2021
Updates, Corrections, or Problems
Run-Time: Saved Race
- A claimed race is one that you are a contact for. We can email you when we update our listing, or if we have questions or concerns. You can schedule reminder emails to renew your race listings.
- You must Create an Account and Log In, or use an Authorization Code to claim Listings.
- Learn more about Claimed Listings