NameWags for Wellness
On-Site Race Apr 18, 2020 Saturday On-Site Race Cancelled Virtual Option
Extended Listing Information
Details from event's RunSignUp.com listing:
Due to new regulations on sizes of gatherings & our priority to keep our race goers healthy and safe, Wags for Wellness will be moving to a virtual platform this year!
Here are the steps to participate:
1) Purchase your $20 ticket here on the runsignup site
2) Download the Kilter Rewards app & find the Wags for Wellness 5K event
3) During the week of the race, complete your desired activity (Choices include: 2+ miles walking or running, 5+ miles biking, 10,000+ steps, 30+ minutes total activity, 30+ minute gym workout, 500+ meters swimming, or Manual Activity Uploads) one day to enable you to receive your race t-shirt & grab bag with items from our sponsors
4) Complete activities multiple days during race week (Saturday, April 18th- Saturday, April 25th) to compete on the leaderboard for 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place prizes
5) Post pictures of you completing your activities to social media using #WagsForWellness to be entered to win a prize!
Wags for Wellness is a 5k run/walk to promote wellness among health care professionals, specifically raising awareness about the issues of depression, mental health, and suicide. Health care professionals experience severe mental illness or feelings of hopelessness at two to three times the national average, with 1 out of every 6 veterinarians considering suicide. Money generated from this event will go toward supporting the students at the University of Wisconsin, School of Veterinary Medicine.
This year’s Wags for Wellness 5k will take place at Warner Park on the east side of Madison. Dogs will be allowed at this event and are encouraged to come. All dogs that attend this event must be on leash, dog friendly, and up-to-date on their rabies vaccinations with a visible rabies tag or proof of vaccination. A volunteer veterinarian will be on staff in case of any animal emergencies however, dog owners are encouraged to bring extra-water or supplies for their animal’s needs.
The run/walk will begin at 10:00 A.M. and end after the last runner crosses the finish line (or at 12:00 P.M.). The event will end with a lunch-provided picnic and music. The event will take place in rain or shine.
Race attendees are encouraged to sign-up online up until Friday, April 17th. T-Shirts will be guaranteed to those who sign-up before Friday April 10th. Same day registration will be available those who show-up on race day, however an additional $5 fee will be charged to that individual. A limited number of extra t-shirts will be ordered before the event; late-day registration will not guarantee a t-shirt.
Pick-up for race day packets are TBD. Race packets and T-shirts will be available for pick up.
$20.00- Online Registration ($17.50 + $2.50 processing fee)
2930 N. Sherman Ave.
Madison, WI 53704
Traveling from downtown, race attendees can take E. Johnson St. east, keeping left onto WI – 113 N Pennsylvania/Packers Ave. Attendees will follow WI – 113 N to Warner Park where they will turn left onto N. Sherman Ave. The race start line will be located near the rainbow-colored shelter. Parking is available and free to the public.
For the love of all that is good and moisture wicking...
ALWAYS visit the race's website for the most complete and accurate race information.
Added to our DirectoryApr 4, 2017
Last Updated in our DirectoryMar 30, 2020
This event has concludedWe hope to update it for 2021
Updates, Corrections, or Problems
Run-Time: Saved Race
- A claimed race is one that you are a contact for. We can email you when we update our listing, or if we have questions or concerns. You can schedule reminder emails to renew your race listings.
- You must Create an Account and Log In, or use an Authorization Code to claim Listings.
- Learn more about Claimed Listings