Details from event's RunSignUp.com listing:
The 6th Annual Veterans and First Responders Memorial 10k run (NEW in 2022), 5k run/walk, and Memorial Mile run/walk helps raise funds for the Southern Arizona Veterans and First Responders Living Memorial at Naranja Park. The memorial will be a place where people can go and reflect; they can honor their forefathers, grandfathers, grandmothers, aunts and uncles – whoever served. It will be an opportunity for education about veterans as well as first responders – they are equals in this memorial.
All participants who sign up by April 15 2022, will receive an event shirt. Everyone will receive a custom race bib (sponsored by Fleet Feet) and a custom finisher's keychain.
10k and 5k Awards will be given to the Top Three Male and Female overall winners, as well as gift certificates from Fleet Feet.
Medallions will also be given to the Top Three Male and Female in each Age Group. Age groups are: <14; 15-19; 20-29; 30-39; 40-49; 50-59; 60-69; 70-79; 80>.
Awards will be available for pick up at the Oro Valley Fleet Feet beginning at noon Sunday, May 15.
COVID-19 AND RACING
Due to the highly contagious COVID-19 virus, we ask that anyone exhibiting any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 please remain at home. This includes if any family member in your household is experiencing any signs or symptoms, or if you or a family member are awaiting results of a COVID-19 test.
Both the 10k and 5k will exit the main entrance to Naranja Park and head east on Naranja to Monterra Vista Dr. You will head north on Monterra Vista to Tangerine.
At Tangerine Road is where the 10k/5k split -- 10k will head east on the pedestrian path to First Avenue before heading back west ALL THE WAY TO La Canada and then return to Mussette and the the dirt road into the park.
5k you will turn left (west) when you reach Tangerine and then left at Mussette to take the dirt road into the park.
THERE IS NO TRAIL RACE IN 2022.
The memorial mile is a walk up the dirt road to the turnaround and then back down.
Aid Stations - BYOB
This is a BYOB event - bring your own bottle of hydration. You must be 100% self-sufficient. There will be ONE aid station at Tangerine and Monterra Vista that will have an orange cooler for you to serve yourself. NO CUPS. You must fill your own water bottle, if needed.
THERE WILL BE NO ON-SITE REGISTRATION. ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST PRE-REGISTER ONLINE BY MIDNIGHT FRIDAY, MAY 13.
Packet Pickup - Two Options
Thursday, May 12, from 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm at Fleet Feet on Tanque Verde (7301 E Tanque Verde Rd, Tucson, AZ 85715)
Friday, May 13, from 3:00 - 6:00 p.m. at Fleet Feet (7607 N. Oracle Rd, # 121, Oro Valley, AZ 85704).
Race Day - at the venue from 0500-0545.
RACE DAY REQUIREMENTS
ALL participants must have their bib number PINNED TO THE FRONT OF THEIR SHIRT, and must adhere to the following requirements:
- You must be 100% self-sufficient. There is only one SELF-SERVE aid station on the course.
- You must follow all CDC safe distancing guidelines.
- You must be in good health and symptom free from any illness for at least 2 weeks prior to the event.
- Your bib number with timing chip must be pinned to the FRONT SIDE of your shirt and must not be obstructed or covered up in any way.
- Except for passing, participants should always remain on the far right-hand side of the pathway.
- The pedestrian path is an OPEN COURSE. This means other users may be on the course, such as runners, walkers and cyclists. Please be aware of your surroundings. Police will manage all major traffic areas.
After You Finish
After completing your run and crossing the finish line, please continue moving towards the exit of the finish area. You can pick up a sack treat and water bottle after you finish.
All results will be streamed live on OYL's Results Page. During registration, you can also sign up for results text messaging.
We will hold the awards ceremony in the park at approximately 9:00 a.m.
For the love of all that is good and moisture wicking...
ALWAYS visit the race's website for the most complete and accurate race information.
Added to our DirectoryNov 29, 2016
Last Updated in our Directorytoday at 2:11 AM
Updates, Options, Corrections, or Problems
Run-Time: Saved Race
- A claimed race is one that you are a contact for. We can email you when we update our listing, or if we have questions or concerns. You can schedule reminder emails to renew your race listings.
- You must Create an Account and Log In, or use an Authorization Code to claim Listings.
- Learn more about Claimed Listings