NameRunTough for ChadTough
Events10K run5K run1M runVirtual Option
On-Site Race Sep 26, 2020 Saturday On-Site Race Past Date
Details from event's RunSignUp.com listing:
The world is suddenly a very different place than when we started planning for this year's RunTough for ChadTough event. While we navigate these unprecedented times, we are compelled to keep our promise to Chad and all the children lost to DIPG to the best of our ability. This year is a particularly special year for RunTough because it falls on what should have been Chad's 10th birthday – September 26th.
As much as we would love to celebrate the day with you in person, we have made the difficult decision to alter plans for the Saline event to protect the safety of our volunteers, attendees, and staff. While we won't be gathering in person this year, we will be creating suggested routes for the Saline 5K and 1M that pass by Chad's house and some of his favorite places (stay tuned for more info!). We also are offering special 2020-only reduced pricing to encourage everyone to get involved and stay active. So we hope you will join us in spirit during Childhood Cancer Awareness Month, and together we can continue our efforts to help find a cure for pediatric brain cancer. Nothing can stop us!
The 7th Annual RunTough for ChadTough will have different ways to participate:
- SALINE RunTough for ChadTough - Register for the local 5K or 1M race, utilize our local packet pickup, and then follow one of our suggested routes.
- VIRTUAL RunTough for ChadTough - You choose the date, the time, and the location for RunTough for ChadTough. We'll mail your race packet.
- ADDITIONAL EFFORTS - For more information about efforts being led by our partner families as well as other families affected by pediatric brain cancer, please go to www.chadtough.org/runtough.
All proceeds will go to The ChadTough Foundation, whose mission is to inspire and fund game-changing research to discover effective treatments for pediatric brain cancer, with an emphasis on Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma (DIPG). Brain cancer kills more kids than any other type of cancer, and DIPG is responsible for almost half of all pediatric brain cancer deaths. Finding effective treatment options for this complex disease is one of the best ways to save kids from cancer!
To learn more about the ChadTough Foundation go to www.chadtough.org.
For the love of all that is good and moisture wicking...
ALWAYS visit the race's website for the most complete and accurate race information.
Added to our DirectoryAug 16, 2015
Last Updated in our DirectoryApr 30, 2020
Last checked by a snack-eating human.Sep 3, 2020
This event has concludedWe hope to update it for 2021
Updates, Corrections, or Problems
Run-Time: Saved Race
- A claimed race is one that you are a contact for. We can email you when we update our listing, or if we have questions or concerns. You can schedule reminder emails to renew your race listings.
- You must Create an Account and Log In, or use an Authorization Code to claim Listings.
- Learn more about Claimed Listings