Details from event's Active.com listing:
Just when we thought life was getting back to normal, but we’re still excited to offer our annual 5K run through the natural comforts of Shorty Howell Park. We know you’re over being at home, so come on out in your neon gear and join us! We have a new course that truly exemplifies the life of a single parent in college-fast-paced! Single parents face overwhelming barriers to overcome poverty and become self-sufficient. With the economy being what it is, a college education is crucial and almost required for the low-income single-parent family to succeed. This course will be a great uphill and downhill course that will be sure to challenge you just as these parents are challenged! It’s a run/ walk event so come out whether it’s your first 5K or you are trying to set that PR!
Proceeds from this event will benefit H.O.P.E, Inc. (Helping Other People be Empowered) which is a tax-exempt 501(c)3 nonprofit organization serving single parents and their families working to obtain a college degree and break the cycle of poverty. For more information about our cause, please visit our website: www.hopbe.org.
ENTRY FEE: $25.00 per runner if registered by September 1st. $30.00 if registered after September 1st. THERE WILL BE NO RACE DAY REGISTRATIONS FOR THIS EVENT. EVERYONE MUST PRE-REGISTER.
T-SHIRTS: Colorful, high-quality short-sleeve cotton t-shirts supplied to all runners while supplies last. Only PRE- REGISTERED participants will be guaranteed a t-shirt on race day.
AWARDS: Overall male and female, Masters male and female, top 2 finishers in 14 age groups (10 & Under to 70 & Over in five-year increments).
New For This Year:
- Everyone will start the run in waves to avoid everyone running at the same time.
- We will have hand sanitizer stations, and masks will be required before the run starts; as well as temperature checks.
- We are deciding on if we should still keep water stations, but for now yes.
- We have decided not to have a race day registration everyone will have to register for this event prior to race day.
- We will not have an award ceremony. We will provide the overall male and female runners with their plaque awards and mail gifts to the first and second-place runners after the event. Runners will be provided a QR code they can scan to find out their run times at the end of the race.
Event details and schedule
The 5K starts at 8:00 AM on Sunday, October 10th at Shorty Howell Park.
Those participating in the virtual event will have between September 27th and October 9th to submit their 5K results. Details on how to submit virtual race times will be provided closer to race time.
For the love of all that is good and moisture wicking...
ALWAYS visit the race's website for the most complete and accurate race information.
Added to our DirectoryAug 11, 2015
Last Updated in our DirectoryAug 23, 2021
This event has concludedWe hope to update it for 2022
Updates, Options, Corrections, or Problems
Run-Time: Saved Race
- A claimed race is one that you are a contact for. We can email you when we update our listing, or if we have questions or concerns. You can schedule reminder emails to renew your race listings.
- You must Create an Account and Log In, or use an Authorization Code to claim Listings.
- Learn more about Claimed Listings