The Arizona Sunrise Series serves as a fundraiser for St. Mary's Food Bank.
With your support, we offer an array of programs designed to relieve hunger. Here are some of the many ways we assist the communities of Arizona.
St. Mary’s distributes food to nearly 500 nonprofits partners in 13 Arizona counties. These agencies include food pantries, dining halls, homeless shelters, and more.
Children's Feeding Programs
One in three children in Arizona lives in poverty and is at risk of going to bed hungry tonight. Arizona ranks 47th out of 50 states in the number of children who may not know where their next meal is coming from. Our vision is to see that no child goes to bed hungry, so they can live healthy and productive lives. In response to these needs, St. Mary’s Food Bank operates programs that fight child hunger, including Kids Cafe® and the Backpack Program.
The Community Kitchen is a life skills and food service training program for those with barriers to employment. Students gain the skills to get jobs offering livable wages, benefits, and opportunities for advancement through hands-on food service training as well as classroom studies.
2022 Sunrise Series Events
Why run in just one event when you can save so much by registering for the whole Series! (7 total events)
And don't forget - this is a StartLine Racing Series which means big prizes!!
Get points for every event you complete, with extra points being awarded based on your age group and overall finish. At the end of the series the top 100 point earns, plus all participants that complete at least 4 of the 7 series events, will be entered into our Arizona Sunrise Series Prize Drawing.
Along with great prizes from StartLine and our sponsors, three people will walk away with a $500 gift card (which we suggest you use to get out of the Phoenix heat!!)
Check out the full Arizona Sunrise Series Rules and Regulations here.
To register for the entire series please visit our series website here.
To register by mail please complete and return our Mail-in Registration Form! Please make all checks payable to StartLine Racing.
Virtual Run Registration
Of course we want you to participate in the Arizona Sunrise Series locally but we understand things come up. So, if you can't join us at Foothills Park and still want to run, get the medal and a shirt then you still can! Here is your chance to take part in this event no matter where you are! And of course, all prices include shipping! Please note that all items will ship following the event on July 30th. Because this is part of a series you will receive the main medal plus the attachment for this event only. You will not receive all 7 attachments. If you wish to register for the Virtual Series please visit us here. Prior to the event all virtual participants will receive an email with instructions on how to submit your time.
Virtual Registrations are restricted to US addresses only. If you reside outside of the US and wish to participate please contact StartLine Racing at firstname.lastname@example.org
What You Get!
- Custom Series Medal
- Custom Medal Add-on for each Series Race You Complete
- Custom Event Dri-Fit Racerback Tank Top, Sleeveless Shirt or Short Sleeve Shirt.
- Extra Water Stations Along the Course
- Age Group Awards for Top Three in all Age Groups. Our age groups are the following:
8 & Under, 9 & 10, 11-13, 14-17, 18-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75 & Over
- Pre- and Post-Race "Runner's Brunch" (granola bars, fruit, water, etc)
- Chip Timed with Real Time Results and Photos on our Website or Mobile App (on Apple and Google)
- Owned and operated by StartLine Racing!
Race Day Information
- Race Day Registration will be available beginning at 5:30am at Foothills Park (map).
We accept cash, check, and credit cards on race day
- Cost of registration on race day will be $50
Please note that your shirt size is not guaranteed for those who register on race day
- We welcome wheelchairs, strollers & wagons.
- No roller blades, skateboards or motorized devices are allowed on the run or walk courses.
- Walkers are welcome!
- Leashed pet friendly!
Participants will have 2 options to start the race:
- First, Registration/Check-In will open at 5:30am. From 5:30-6:15am there will be an open start line. Meaning you can start whenever you would like during that time frame.
- Second, we will have a traditional mass start at 6:30am. There will be no option to start after 6:30am.
- You do not need to inform us of which option you are choosing. These options are meant to give you more flexibility of choosing when you start.
If you have any questions please email us at email@example.com
Packet Pick-Up Opportunities
Friday, July 29, 2022 from 3:00 - 6:00pm at Road Runner Sports in N. Phoenix (map).
- Road Runner Sports is located at 7077 E Mayo Blvd, Phoenix, Arizona 85054
- Shop and save with Road Runner Sports during packet pickup hours! Join the VIP Family and enjoy $10 instant Rewards Cash to spend on anything in store. Already a VIP? Earn Double Rewards Cash on your purchase. Some exclusions may apply. See store for details.
Saturday, July 30, 2022 at Foothills Park (race location) beginning at 5:30am.
July 29 3:00 PM - Packet Pickup at Road Runner Sports in N. Phoenix from 3-6pm
July 30 5:30 AM - Race Day Packet Pick-up and Registration Opens
July 30 5:30 AM - Open Start Line Begins
July 30 6:15 AM - Open Start Line Ends
July 30 6:30 AM - Mass Race Start Time
July 30 7:30 AM - Awards Begin (approximate)