The Arizona Sunrise Series serves as a fundraiser for St. Mary's Food Bank.
With your support, we offer an array of programs designed to relieve hunger. Here are some of the many ways we assist the communities of Arizona.
St. Mary’s distributes food to nearly 500 nonprofits partners in 13 Arizona counties. These agencies include food pantries, dining halls, homeless shelters, and more.
Children's Feeding Programs
One in three children in Arizona lives in poverty and is at risk of going to bed hungry tonight. Arizona ranks 47th out of 50 states in the number of children who may not know where their next meal is coming from. Our vision is to see that no child goes to bed hungry, so they can live healthy and productive lives. In response to these needs, St. Mary’s Food Bank operates programs that fight child hunger, including Kids Cafe® and the Backpack Program.
The Community Kitchen is a life skills and food service training program for those with barriers to employment. Students gain the skills to get jobs offering livable wages, benefits, and opportunities for advancement through hands-on food service training as well as classroom studies.
2021 Sunrise Series Events
Why run in just one event when you can save so much by registering for the whole Series! (7 total events)
And don't forget - this is a StartLine Racing Series which means big prizes!!
Get points for every event you complete, with extra points being awarded based on your age group and overall finish. At the end of the series the top 100 point earns, plus all participants that complete at least 4 of the 7 series events, will be entered into our Arizona Sunrise Series Prize Drawing.
Along with great prizes from StartLine and our sponsors, three people will walk away with a $500 gift card (which we suggest you use to get out of the Phoenix heat!!)
Check out the full Arizona Sunrise Series Rules and Regulations here.
To register for the entire series please visit our series website here.
Other Series Events:
To register by mail please complete and return our Mail-in Registration Form! Please make all checks payable to StartLine Racing.
Virtual Run Registration
Of course we want you to participate in the Arizona Sunrise Series locally but we understand things come up. So, if you can't join us at Rio Vista Park and still want to run, get the medal and a shirt then you still can! Here is your chance to take part in this event no matter where you are! And of course, all prices include shipping! Please note that all items will ship following the first event on June 19th. Because this is part of a series you will receive the main medal plus the attachment for this event only. You will not receive all 7 attachments. If you wish to register for the Virtual Series please visit us here. Prior to the event all virtual participants will receive an email with instructions on how to submit your time.
Virtual Registrations are restricted to US addresses only. If you reside outside of the US and wish to participate please contact StartLine Racing at email@example.com
What You Get!
- Custom Series Medal
- Custom Medal Add-on for each Series Race You Complete
- Custom Event Dri-Fit Racerback Tank Top, Sleeveless Shirt or Short Sleeve Shirt.
- Extra Water Stations Along the Course
- Age Group Awards for Top Three in all Age Groups. Our age groups are the following:
8 & Under, 9 & 10, 11-13, 14-17, 18-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75 & Over
- Pre- and Post-Race "Runner's Brunch" (granola bars, fruit, water, etc)
- Chip Timed with Real Time Results and Photos on our Website or Mobile App (on Apple and Google)
- Owned and operated by StartLine Racing!
Race Day Information
- Race Day Registration will be available beginning at 5:30am at Rio Vista Park (map).
We accept cash, check, and credit cards on race day
- Cost of registration on race day will be $40
Please note that your shirt size is not guaranteed for those who register on race day
- We welcome wheelchairs, strollers & wagons.
- No roller blades, skateboards or motorized devices are allowed on the run or walk courses.
- Walkers are welcome!
- Leashed pet friendly!
NEW FOR 2021!
Due to an overwhelming request from our 2019 and 2020 participants we are making some changes to how we start our 2021 series. Participants will have 2 options to start the race:
- First, Registration/Check-In will open at 5:30am. From 5:30-6:15am there will be an open start line. Meaning you can start whenever you would like during that time frame.
- Second, we will have a traditional mass start at 6:30am. There will be no option to start after 6:30am.
You do not need to inform us of which option you are choosing. These options are meant to give you more flexibility of choosing when you start.
If you have any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Packet Pick-Up Opportunities
- Friday, June 18, 2021 from 3:00 - 6:00pm at Road Runner Sports in N. Phoenix (map).
Road Runner Sports is located at 7077 E Mayo Blvd, Phoenix, Arizona 85054
- Saturday, June 19, 2021 at Rio Vista Park (race location) beginning at 5:30am.
Due to COVID-19 there will be changes in place to keep everyone safe.
- Water coolers will be back out at all water stations. Bottled water will only be available at the finish line.
- All StartLine staff will have masks and gloves
- Participants will be required to wear a mask in the event area but not out on the course.
- Social distancing will be required in the event area
June 18 3:00 PM - Packet Pickup at Road Runner Sports in N. Phoenix from 3-6pm
June 19 5:30 AM - Race Day Packet Pick-up and Registration Opens
June 19 5:30 AM - Open Start Line Begins
June 19 6:15 AM - Open Start Line Ends
June 19 6:30 AM - Mass Race Start Times
June 19 7:30 AM - Awards Begin (approximate)