NameHeat the Streets Run & Walk for Warmth
Mar 7, 2020 Saturday
Extended Listing Information
Details from event's RunSignUp.com listing:
What is the Heat the Streets Run & Walk for Warmth?
Heat the Streets Run & Walk for Warmth is a timed 5K and untimed, family-friendly walk.
Why do we do it?
Proceeds from the run and walk go to local energy assistance programs to help seniors, people with disabilities and low-income families pay their utility bills. The event is held in the cold winter months to bring attention to those who struggle to keep the lights on and heat their homes.
What are the details?
The 2020 event will be at Stinson Park in Aksarben Village.
Race day check-in and registration will be from 7:30-8:45 a.m.
Awards will begin following the 5K and award winners must be present to win. Awards will be given to the overall top male and female 5K finishers, as well as 1st, 2nd and 3rd place for male and female in each age division (12 and under, 13-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+).
For the safety of all participants, no pets are allowed on the run or walk course. Strollers are accepted, but please be mindful of other participants.
Parking in the Aksarben Village area is free.
Registrations are non-transferable and non-refundable.
How much does it cost?
- $25 (through January 31)
- $35 (February 1-March 4)
- $45 (day-of)
- $15 (through January 31)
- $25 (February 1-March 4)
- $35 (day-of)
There is also an option to register as a virtual participant for $15. This allows you to contribute to the cause even if you can't join us on race day!
What does registration include?
- Professionally-timed race for 5K participants
- Fun, family-friendly environment
- Coffee and hot chocolate, courtesy of The Salvation Army
- Support of those in our community who are in need
- Free race photos
- Finish line video and printable finisher certificate for 5K participants
If you have questions, contact us!
For the love of all that is good and moisture wicking...
ALWAYS visit the race's website for the most complete and accurate race information.
Added to our DirectoryDec 11, 2013
Last Updated in our DirectoryNov 20, 2019
Page Views - 20
We began reporting page views for details pages on November 1, 2019. Today's page views will be reported tomorrow.
Connections - 24
Connections are when someone clicks a link for this listing, to go to the listing's official website, web page, information, etc.
We began reporting connections on November 1, 2019. Today's connections will be reported tomorrow.
Updates, Corrections, or Problems
Run-Time: Saved Race
- A claimed race is one that you are a contact for. We can email you when we update our listing, or if we have questions or concerns. You can schedule reminder emails to renew your race listings.
- You must Create an Account and Log In, or use an Authorization Code to claim Listings.
- Learn more about Claimed Listings