NameAlive and Running VA 5K
Sep 19, 2020 Saturday Cancelled
Extended Listing Information
Details from event's RunSignUp.com listing:
The Alive and Running VA 5K is going VIRTUAL!!
Due to the recommendations from the CDC and the State of Michigan, we are changing Alive and Running 5K Run into a Virtual Race. With a virtual race you can run the 5K distance anywhere, in your neighborhood, on a treadmill, at a nearby park. You will have between Saturday, September 19th and Saturday, October 3rd to complete your 5K. Once you have the 5K completed you will enter your time in the Run Sign-up website.
Virtual Race - Anywhere and Anytime between Sept. 19th and Oct. 3rd.
About This Event
“This event is brought to you in collaboration with our community partner Gryphon Place, who both supports and provides suicide prevention services for veterans and others across our region”.
The 8th Annual Alive and Running VA 5K Run/Walk is a 5K Fun Run/Walk for all levels of participants. This event is designed to raise awareness to the growing problem of suicide within the Military, Veteran and youth populations. The course is located on the campus of the Battle Creek VA Medical Center. The race starts in the parking lot located at the entrance of the medical center. The run goes up the main hill and around the historic campus twice before returning down the hill to the finish. The race this year will be timed. Runners will start first, with walkers to follow. Children and strollers will be allowed - note that children must be accompanied by a parent/guardian at all times. Dogs will not be allowed (please email the race administrator regarding service dogs). In the event of inclement weather, the race may be delayed or cancelled. No refunds will be given. Please join us for this event to celebrate life, and to raise awareness towards suicide. We want everyone to know they matter.
This race is an opportunity for all of us to show Veterans, their families, and the entire military community that THEY matter. Our goal for the 8th year of this event is to have our biggest turnout yet. Please come join us for the 8th Annual Alive and Running VA (Battle Creek) event, brought to you in collaboration with our community partner Gryphon Place.Together we will do our part to prevent suicide and raise awareness.
Packet Pickup and Registration
- Friday, September 18th - 5:00 to 6:30 p.m.
- Located in the parking lot at the entrance of the medical center.
Online Registration - online registration closes September 17th at 11:59pm
- Early bird registration - $15 through July 15, 2020.
- $20 registration July 16th through September 17th. **Note - Online registration closes on September 17th (11:59 pm).
- $20 registration on Friday packet pickup
- $30 registration on race day.
- ** Note that only online registrations received by midnight September 10, 2020 will be guaranteed a race T-Shirt.
- ** Shirts for same-day registrants will be on a first come- first serve basis. (Registration fees are collected to fund the race.)
Mail In Registration - Mail in registration forms can be found here: Download Form Here - 5K Registration Form Or the PDF Link Below
- Early bird registration is $15 - must be postmarked by July 15, 2020.
- After that registration is $20 and must be postmarked by September 14, 2020.
- Mail in registrations will not be accepted after the postmark date of September 14, 2020.
- Send copy of registration form (with the waiver signed) including an email address to:
Gryphon Place, 3245 S. 8th Street Kalamazoo, MI 49009
Registration fees cover the cost of the race and do not contribute to fundraising efforts or programming
(Make checks payable to Gryphon Place)
Awards and Age Categories
- No Awards for 2020
For the love of all that is good and moisture wicking...
ALWAYS visit the race's website for the most complete and accurate race information.
Added to our DirectoryAug 4, 2013
Last Updated in our DirectoryApr 6, 2020
Last checked by a snack-eating human.Jul 28, 2020
This event has concludedWe hope to update it for 2021
Updates, Corrections, or Problems
Run-Time: Saved Race
- A claimed race is one that you are a contact for. We can email you when we update our listing, or if we have questions or concerns. You can schedule reminder emails to renew your race listings.
- You must Create an Account and Log In, or use an Authorization Code to claim Listings.
- Learn more about Claimed Listings