Details from event's RunSignUp.com listing:
WHAT IS LIGHT UP THE CORNERS?
A glowing, flashing, blinking, shining, night time running party and fundraiser in one! This event is sure to Light Up The (Peachtree) Corners AND Light Up A Life! Proceeds from the event go to benefit at-risk children and families in our community who are struggling by giving them the chance to participate in life-enhancing programs and activities at the Fowler YMCA.
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE FUN!
The two events, the 4 Mile Run and 1k (6/10th of a mile) Twilight Trot, will each be a one-of-a-kind night time experience that is less about how fast you run or walk and more about much fun you have! The course will be lined with blinking lights to illuminate the way and participants will be given glow bling to light up the course as you run/walk. There will be contests for the "glowiest" men, women, boys, girls, and teams. So, strap on as much glow bling as you can find and come light up the course with your friends and family! Whether you are a fast runner, a weekend jogger, or a casual walker you are invited to be a part of this exciting LIGHT UP THE CORNERS event. Strollers welcome, but for safety purposes, must start at the back of the pack.
PACE GROUPS: Pace groups will be set up at the starting line. Participants will be encouraged to start in the pace group that most closely matches expected average pace for the 4-mile run.
COVID AWARENESS: We are offering a virtual race option for those who wish to support this event but not run it on race night, or not run it at all. Should you wish to run on your own, there will be an option for entering your virtual race run time between August 1st and August 20th, however virtual run times will not qualify for overall or age group awards. Adaptations, (i.e., staggered starts) to race start and party area will be in keeping with state and CDC guidelines at race time.
PACKET PICKUP AND RACE DAY REGISTRATION
*FRIDAY NIGHT AUGUST 11th: 5:30pm - 8:00pm Location - The Forum on Peachtree Parkway
*SATURDAY NIGHT AUGUST 12th: 5:30pm - 8:00pm Location - The Forum on Peachtree Parkway
RACE HEADQUARTERS: TBD
IMPORTANT! * Race weekend registrants (Friday or Saturday registrations) will not receive a race t-shirt prior to the race, but may received one after the race on a first-come, first-serve basis.
For the love of all that is good and moisture wicking...
ALWAYS visit the race's website for the most complete and accurate race information.
Added to our DirectoryMar 10, 2013
Last Updated in our DirectoryMar 8, 2023
Appears in Directories
Updates, Options, Corrections, or Problems
- Because we personally verify everything that is submitted to us, we allow anyone to submit an update or correction, or report a problem. No need to create an account or log in.
- Submit an Update Or Correction
- Feature This Listing
- Report a Bad Link
- Remove From Directory
Run-Time: Saved Race
- A Saved Race is one that has been added to your personal directory. You can organized races in lists, and add comments for your own personal reminders and information.
- You must Create an Account and Log In to save races to your own personal directory.
- Learn more about Saved Races
- A claimed race is one that you are a contact for. We can email you when we update our listing, or if we have questions or concerns. You can schedule reminder emails to renew your race listings.
- You must Create an Account and Log In, or use an Authorization Code to claim Listings.
- Learn more about Claimed Listings