Details from event's RunSignUp.com listing:
RACE WILL START AT 8:00am!!! Packet Pickup will start at 7:00am.
BRING YOUR DOG! And participate in a 5k run/walk to help support The Humane Society of Greater Dayton. The race will follow COVID protocols in place at the time of the race. Don’t miss out on this tail wagging experience! All participants will receive a Finisher's Medal.
For Participant Safety:
Only one dog per runner/walker. All dogs must be on a leash, no longer than 6 feet. No retractable leaches please. Please pick up after your pet, bags provided. Dogs must be at least 6 months old. Handlers must be at least 13 years old and able to be in control of their dog. Dogs must wear current ID tags and be up to date on all shots. Please do not bring female dogs in season or dogs needing muzzles.
Age Groups: Male & Female: 10 & under, 11-14, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, and 80 & Over.
Race Day Check-in: 6:30AM. Chip timing by Speedy Feet. Water stops for dogs.
For those that would rather run virtually, that is an option as well. We will mail you your shirt and goodies.
Current CDC and Health Department Recommendations for a Safe Race :
- If you have symptoms of COVID-19 you may not participate.
- No race day registration
- Runners must wear masks until the race actually starts.
- Start and finish lines must be separate to allow one way flow of runners/walkers.
- Use staggered, wave or interval starts.
- Hand sanitizer stations must be provided at the start and finish line areas.
- No water stations/stops may be provided. Bottled water may be made available for race/walk participants.
- Post-race food is to be a grab-n-go item if a snack is made available.
- No spitting, or projections of any bodily fluid before, during or after race.
- All participants must avoid any physical contact with other participants which include high fives, fist bumps, or close contact before, during or after the event.
- Before and during the race, participants must abide by the six-foot social distancing requirement when lining up or passing other participants.
- Spectators are not permitted on the course, at start line, or finish line.
- Participants are encouraged to gather their belongings and leave immediately after the race/walk.
- No congregating after the race/walk.
- No awards ceremony.
For the love of all that is good and moisture wicking...
ALWAYS visit the race's website for the most complete and accurate race information.
Added to our DirectoryNov 13, 2012
Last Updated in our DirectoryMar 29, 2021
This event has concludedWe hope to update it for 2022
Updates, Options, Corrections, or Problems
Run-Time: Saved Race
- A claimed race is one that you are a contact for. We can email you when we update our listing, or if we have questions or concerns. You can schedule reminder emails to renew your race listings.
- You must Create an Account and Log In, or use an Authorization Code to claim Listings.
- Learn more about Claimed Listings