NameLincoln YMCA Turkey Trot
Events5K run1M run
On-Site Race Nov 26, 2020 Thursday Virtual Option
Extended Listing Information
Details from event's RunSignUp.com listing:
The Lincoln YMCA Turkey Trot returns as one of the highly favored family traditions on Thanksgiving morning. Runners and walkers of all levels of ability are welcome. Choose from a 1-Mile Fun Run & Walk or a 5K Race either in-person or virtually (Trot at Home).
In the 5K Race, the top male and female finishers in each age division for the in-person event will each receive a medal. The overall male and female finishers for the in-person event will receive an additional prize.
Strollers are allowed in the 1-Mile and the 5K. Dogs are not allowed on the course during any of the races.
***LONG SLEEVE T-SHIRT OPTION!!! For an additional fee you may upgrade to a long sleeved version of the 2020 Lincoln YMCA Turkey Trot shirt.***
Entry Fees for In-Person or Trot at Home option:
$15 1-Mile Fun Run/Walk
$28 5K Individual Entry
$65 per family with participants taking part in the 1 mile fun run. Family consists of 2 adults 22 years of age or older and children under 21 years of age living at the same address full-time, with a maximum of 5 family members. Additional family entries are $10 per child. Family pricing is not available for the 5K.
Early Registration deadline is Sunday, November 22nd.
Late Registration is November 23 through 12:00 pm Wednesday, November 25. NO registrations will be accepted after 12:00 noon on Wednesday, November 25.
Late registration fee of $5/person will be added for entries received after November 22nd.
All entries received after November 22nd will receive a Turkey Trot beanie instead of a t-shirt.
No refunds on entry fees. If the Turkey Trot in-person event is not allowed to take place, all registrations will be transferred to the virtual Trot at Home option.
Open to the public.
All races will run as scheduled; rain, snow or extreme cold. Dress appropriately!
- Reservation required. Please bring a copy of your registration confirmation email.
- Virtual Trot at Home participants may request to have packet mailed to them if outside of Lincoln. Deadline for request is November 20th.
- Held at the Cooper YMCA
- Tuesday, November 24th from 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Wednesday, November 25th from 8:00 am - 8:00 pm
- RESERVED for out-of-town participants: Thursday, November 26th from 6:00 am - 7:00 am
In-Person race changes due to COVID-19: The health and safety of all participants and our community is our top priority. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we have made a number of changes to the 2020 Turkey Trot based on guidance and best practices provided by our local health department and the CDC. As guidance and directed health measures are updated, we will communicate changes to race protocols.
- No registrations will be allowed on race day. Registrations will not be accepted after 12:00 noon on Wednesday, November 25.
- Reservation for packet pick up is required. Race day pick up is reserved for out of town participants only.
- Participants will be asked to self-screen for health and close contact prior to the event day.
- Participants should remain in their vehicles prior to their wave start time. We will give you a recommended arrival time and time you should head to the start line.
- Cooper Y facilities will only be available for restroom needs and out-of-town participant packet pick up. Participants will not be allowed to congregate in the building.
- Spectators are not allowed unless accompanying a minor that is participating or dropping off/picking up a participant.
- All staff and volunteers will be required to wear a face covering.
- Staff, volunteers and participants will physically distance themselves from others not in the same household.
- Participants over the age of 5 years old will be required to wear a face covering up until you begin your race and immediately following your race.
- In-person participants will register for a start time and wave.
- The corrals and staging areas will be marked for participants to physically distance at least 6' from each other.
- There will be no food/beverages served, please bring your own water and fuel as needed.
- There will be no post-race awards ceremony. Once you have finished your race we ask you to depart from the race area to your vehicle as soon as possible.
For the love of all that is good and moisture wicking...
ALWAYS visit the race's website for the most complete and accurate race information.
Added to our DirectoryOct 24, 2012
Last Updated in our DirectorySep 22, 2020
Updates, Corrections, or Problems
Run-Time: Saved Race
- A claimed race is one that you are a contact for. We can email you when we update our listing, or if we have questions or concerns. You can schedule reminder emails to renew your race listings.
- You must Create an Account and Log In, or use an Authorization Code to claim Listings.
- Learn more about Claimed Listings