Details from event's RunSignUp.com listing:
The Lincoln YMCA Turkey Trot returns as one of the highly favored family traditions on Thanksgiving morning. Runners and walkers of all levels are welcome. Choose from a 1-Mile Fun Run & Walk or a 5K Race either in-person or virtually (Trot at Home).
Race Day Notes:
- Race Times:
- 1-Mile Fun Run/Walk, 8:00 am
- 5K Race, 8:30 am
- In the 5K Race, the top male and female finishers in each age division for the in-person event will each receive a medal.
- 12 & Under
- The overall male and female finishers for the in-person event will receive an additional prize.
- Awards will be given to the top 3 best costumes that submit photos (including both in-person and Trot at Home participants).
- Strollers are allowed in the 1-Mile and the 5K. Dogs are not allowed on the course during any of the races.
- Open to the public.
- All races will run as scheduled; rain, snow or extreme cold.....please dress appropriately.
Fees for In-Person or Trot at Home option:
- $15 1-Mile Fun Run/Walk
- $28 5K Individual Entry
- $65 per family with participants taking part in the 1 mile fun run. Family consists of 2 adults 22 years of age or older and children under 24 years of age living at the same address full-time, with a maximum of 5 family members. Additional family entries are $10 per child. Family pricing is not available for the 5K.
- Long sleeve t-shirt option: For an additional fee you may upgrade to a long sleeved version of the 2021 Lincoln YMCA Turkey Trot shirt.
- NEW for 2021: Turkey Trot beanies will be available to purchase for an additional fee.
- Late registration fee of $5/person will be added for entries received after November 21st.
- Early Registration deadline is Sunday, November 21st.
- Late Registration is Monday, November 22 through Thursday, November 25, 7:30 am.
- All entries received after November 21st will receive a Turkey Trot beanie instead of a t-shirt.
- Due to anticipated shipping delays, entries received between November 10 and November 21 may not have the t-shirt available at packet pick-up and will be available for pick-up at the Cooper YMCA at a later date.
- No refunds on entry fees. If the Turkey Trot in-person event is not allowed to take place, all registrations will be transferred to the virtual Trot at Home option.
- Please bring a copy of your registration confirmation with you.
- Virtual Trot at Home participants may request to have packet mailed to them if outside of Lincoln for an additional fee. Deadline for request is November 15th.
- Held at the Cooper YMCA
- Wednesday, November 24th from 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm.
In-Person race changes due to COVID-19: The health and safety of all participants and our community is our top priority. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we have made changes to the 2021 Turkey Trot based on guidance and best practices provided by our local health department and the CDC. As guidance and directed health measures are updated, we will communicate changes to race protocols. If local conditions require cancellation of the in-person race, all participants will be moved to the Virtual race, no refunds will be provided.
- Race Times:
For the love of all that is good and moisture wicking...
ALWAYS visit the race's website for the most complete and accurate race information.
Added to our DirectoryOct 24, 2012
Last Updated in our DirectorySep 29, 2021
Updates, Options, Corrections, or Problems
Run-Time: Saved Race
- A claimed race is one that you are a contact for. We can email you when we update our listing, or if we have questions or concerns. You can schedule reminder emails to renew your race listings.
- You must Create an Account and Log In, or use an Authorization Code to claim Listings.
- Learn more about Claimed Listings