Details from event's Active.com listing:
Take in the sites of the beautiful and historic Oregon Trail on this mixed surface adventure course. Runners and walkers of the Monument Marathon have dubbed us the friendliest, most supportive, and most well-organized race they have participated in! Whether you're a 50 stater, a maniac, or a first-timer, we want you to have the best experience possible and experience the hometown hospitality of the Monument Marathon. We are a homegrown local event featuring excited and friendly volunteers, incredible course support, amazing views, and the kind of charm only small-town races can provide. All proceeds from the Monument Marathon go to support student scholarships to our most in-need and promising students at our local community college. Have a one-of-a-kind experience and know that you're supporting a great cause at the same time!
Event details and scheduleCourse updates:
Full Marathoners, enjoy our beautiful Wildcat Hills Nature Center building, to enjoy a little pre-race warmth while you're waiting for the start of the course! We will have gear pick-up for you at the start, so dress warmly and we'll bring your items back for you to the finish line.
Visit our website for more information.Packet Pick-up and Expo InformationFriday, September 24, 2021, 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. MT
Pasta Feed, 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. MT
Gering Civic Center, 1050 M St., Gering, Nebraska
Plan to stay a while at our expo - we have a photo booth for you, a beautiful model of the Scotts Bluff National Monument, Monument Marathon apparel for sale, vendors and booths, shuttle rides to the top of the Scotts Bluff National Monument (5-7pm)!FULL/HALF/5K Starting Line Info
Saturday, September 25, 2021, beginning at 6:30 a.m., Five Rocks Amphitheater, Gering, Nebraska
Aid StationsWe'll have aid stations about every 2 miles along the course. Most stations will have water and Gatorade and the all-important port-a-potties!Contact Information
- Full Marathon: 7:30 am (busing at 6:30 a.m. sharp to full starting line!)
- Half Marathon: 7:30 am (follow the signs to Robidoux RV Park starting line)
- Half Marathon Relay: 8:00 am (all participants must be inside Five Rocks Amphitheatre prior to 7:30 a.m., including Half Marathon Relay Runners! Follow the signs to the Robidoux RV Park starting line)
- 5K: 8:00 am (all participants must be inside Five Rocks Amphitheatre prior to 7:30 a.m., including 5K runners! Follow the signs to the Robidoux RV Park starting line)
Full Marathon Start
There is a shuttle for the full marathon, which is a point-to-point course. Full marathoners will be picked up at Five Rocks Amphitheater at 6:30 a.m. and bused to the start of the full marathon. Don't be late - be sure to catch the bus for the easiest (and free!) parking option for the full start!
For the love of all that is good and moisture wicking...
ALWAYS visit the race's website for the most complete and accurate race information.
Added to our DirectoryJun 2, 2012
Last Updated in our DirectorySep 28, 2020
Last checked by a snack-eating human.Jan 26, 2021
This event has concludedWe hope to update it for 2022
Updates, Options, Corrections, or Problems
Run-Time: Saved Race
- A claimed race is one that you are a contact for. We can email you when we update our listing, or if we have questions or concerns. You can schedule reminder emails to renew your race listings.
- You must Create an Account and Log In, or use an Authorization Code to claim Listings.
- Learn more about Claimed Listings