NameSummer Steamer 10K/5K
Events10K run5K run1K run
Jul 17, 2021 Saturday
Details from event's Active.com listing:Run either of the two blazing fast course options, and finish to a post party filled with all the things you love about Summer all wrapped up into one fun morning, including great summertime jams, refreshments and more!Not ready to run "live" yet? No worries! Sign up for the Virtual option, run anywhere in the country, and have your swag shipped to your doorstep!ALL FINISHERS WILL SCORE AN AWESOME SHIRT AND FINISHER MEDAL - THE SECOND LOCOMOTIVE TRAIN PIECE IN THE SERIES!
Event details and schedule
Plenty of FREE parking at Town Center Mall
Both races start at 730am
Awards will be given to Overall Male and Female, Overall Masters Male and Female, and the top 3 M/F in in 5 year age groups from 14 and under to 70 and over. Awards will be "Grab and Go": monitors will be on site scrolling results. If you placed for an award, you will be able to pick up your award at the DJ booth. Unfortunately, no awards will be mailed after the race.
RULES OF THE RUN
(***PLEASE NOTE*** THESE WILL BE MODIFIED AS WE GET CLOSER BASED ON CURRENT COVID CONDITIONS AND ANY STATE/FEDERAL MANDATES) * While there is plenty of free parking at the race, we ask that you please do not arrive more than 30-45 min prior to your wave start, and stay in your cars while waiting. * You must check in at the medical tent to have a temperature check. If you have a fever, you will not be able to participate. * All our staff will wear masks to further enhance safety measures * We will further limit the number of people at the start line by sending participants out in smaller groups every 30-60 seconds. YOU WILL BE CHIP TIMED so it won't affect your race time. * Once you are done, please do not hang around the finish line. We need to keep the area clear in accordance with social distancing guidelines. * Results will be posted on active.com before we leave the venue and they will be emailed to you same day. * Masks will not be required while running on the course but having a mask or buff handy is highly recommended when passing a runner or being passed. Masks will be required while you are waiting to start, when you are picking up your shirt/bib, and when you are getting temperature screened. * Please be sure to wash and sanitize your hands frequently. Sanitizer will be available in various areas around the venue. * We strongly encourage you to plan for your own hydration needs. Bottled water will be available at the finish. * ALL participants must sign the online waiver prior to race weekend. Without a signed waiver we will not issue a race number, and you will not be able to participate. * If you have a fever, cough, sore throat, or any other symptom of COVID-19 or other illness, please stay home. Contact event director if you have any questions.
SUBMITTING YOUR TIME FOR THE VIRTUAL RUN
You will be able to submit your time anytime between 7/10 and 7/17. Please follow all of the steps below in order to be included in the results;
- Run or walk a 5K or 10K anywhere - even on a treadmill. If you are running/walking outside, please make sure you are following all social distancing rules and follow ALL local, state, and federal mandates!
- Take a picture of your time/distance. It can be through Strava, Garmin, Mapmyrun, or even a picture of your watch or treadmill display. As long as we can see your distance / time, you are good!
- Email your proof to firstname.lastname@example.org within the time window posted above. Times submitted outside of this window will not count. Please include your full name in the email. ***VERY IMPORTANT*** In the subject line of your email, please put "Summer Steamer Results Submission" This will help us know which event you are participating in. PLEASE INCLUDE THE DISTANCE YOU COMPLETED.
VIRTUAL results will be posted on 7/18. Awards for the VIRTUAL run will go to the overall male and female, and first place M/F in 10 year age groups.
VIRTUAL RUNNER SWAG WILL BE MAILED 7-10 DAYS AFTER THE RACE
For the love of all that is good and moisture wicking...
ALWAYS visit the race's website for the most complete and accurate race information.
Added to our DirectoryMay 9, 2012
Last Updated in our DirectoryApr 11, 2021
Updates, Corrections, or Problems
Run-Time: Saved Race
- A claimed race is one that you are a contact for. We can email you when we update our listing, or if we have questions or concerns. You can schedule reminder emails to renew your race listings.
- You must Create an Account and Log In, or use an Authorization Code to claim Listings.
- Learn more about Claimed Listings