NameFourth of July Freedom Run
Jul 4, 2020 Saturday Past Date
Extended Listing Information
Related Listingsorganized byTagg Running Events
Details from event's RunSignUp.com listing:
Please join us and Run 4 on the 4th. We hope to be conducting the 12th Annual 4th of July 4 Mile Run/Walk in Reid Park if the City of Tucson will allow us as they may limit the total amount of people at the event. We will know more after June 8th.
IF we cannot hold a in person event, it will be virtual and you can run 4 miles anywhere you'd like on the 4th of July. If you register by May 31st you will be guaranteed a runners buff which has over a dozen different functions, one of which is a face covering. ALL participants that sign up by June 24th will receive a t-shirt and bib number. A portion of the proceeds will benefit That Others May Live. Thanks for your support!
Our timing company On Your Left has provided detailed instructions on how the event will take place.
It's a REAL, LIVE race! Come Run 4 Miles on the Fourth.
Here is your chance participate in a run and still adhere to social distancing guidelines.
No congregating of any type will be permitted either before, during, or after the event. No spectators at the start, finish or on the course. Runners only!
Hosted at Reid Park, Ramada 22, this is an out-and-back course.
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic and the need to adhere to CDC and local government guidelines to maintain social distancing, we will use a time trial start format to spread out runners on the course. You will be able to choose your start time during registration. Once a time slot is filled, it's filled. No exceptions. We will allow one person to the start line at a time.*
*Families/same household members will be allowed to start together if registered within the same time slot. BUT no more than 4 family/household members at a time to the start line.
Start Time Slots
When registering, participants will be asked to select a 10 minute starting time slot. Participants may begin their race anytime during the selected time slot. There is a limit of 15 starting positions available for each starting time slot and they are available on a first come, first serve basis. In order to maintain safe distancing on the race course, participants must start during their selected starting time slot. If a particular starting time is not available it means it has reached the maximum number of participants for that time slot. Please do not ask us to make any exceptions, because we will not. The race course will remain open until 9:00AM.
The race will be held entirely around Reid Park as an out-and-back.
THERE WILL BE NO ON-SITE REGISTRATION. ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST PRE-REGISTER ONLINE BEFORE 4:00AM RACE MORNING OR UNTIL THE CAP OF PARTICIPANTS HAS BEEN REACHED.
You can pick up your bib on race day at the venue, but you must do so 10 minutes BEFORE your official start time slot.
PARTICIPANTS ARE ASKED TO NOT ARRIVE AT THE RACE VENUE MORE THAN 20 MINUTES BEFORE THEIR OFFICIAL START TIME.
RACE DAY REQUIREMENTS
ALL participants must adhere to the following requirements:
- You must be 100% self-sufficient. There are no water stops, refreshments, or medical assistance at the race.
- You must follow all CDC safe distancing guidelines.
- You must be in good health and symptom free from any illness for at least 2 weeks prior to the event.
- Your bib number with timing chip must be pinned to the FRONT SIDE of your shirt and must not be obstructed or covered up in any way.
- When its your time to approach the start line, you will be REQUIRED to IMMEDIATELY begin your race when you have reached the start line. Participants will not be allowed to congregate or conduct any race preparation (warm-ups, stretching, adjusting or changing apparel, etc.) in the starting area. APPROACH THE STARTING LINE READY TO RUN.
- Except for passing, participants should always remain on the far right-hand side of the pathway. Participants passing one another on the course must adhere to “no drafting” rules which include being no closer than 10 feet behind or in front of, or 6 feet beside other competitors at any time. Participants may pass only when there are not any oncoming runners approaching from the opposite direction. Before passing participants must be sure they can safely remain 10 feet behind and then 10 feet in front of the participant being overtaken before merging back to the right-hand side of the trail.
- Participants must follow all instructions of the course marshals. Failure to adhere to course marshal instructions will result in an immediate disqualification.
Aid Stations - BYOB
This is a BYOB event - bring your own bottle of hydration. You must be 100% self-sufficient. There will be no aid stations on the course.
After You Finish
After completing your run and crossing the finish line, you must continue moving towards the exit of the finish area. Participants will be required to leave the finish line area and proceed immediately to their vehicle as soon as they complete their race. No congregating of any type will be permitted either before, during, or after the event.
Failure to adhere to any of the stated race requirements will result in the immediate disqualification of the participant.
All results will be streamed live on OYL's Results Page. During registration, you can also sign up for results text messaging.
Please keep in mind that your cooperation and adherence to all safe distancing practices is the key to us, and other races, being able to offer competitive events like this in the foreseeable future.
Your Entry Includes
- FREE t-shirt guaranteed if preregistered by 6/24/20
- If you register by May 31st you will be guaranteed a runners buff which has over a dozen different functions one of which is a face covering.
- Awards to top 3 finishers in divisions (if "in person" race)
- Chip Timing (if "in person" race)
Starts on the jogging path along Camino Campestre heading east towards Randolph Golf Course and will follow the path to 22nd St. up to Alvernon to the turn around and back.
For the love of all that is good and moisture wicking...
ALWAYS visit the race's website for the most complete and accurate race information.
Added to our DirectoryJun 2, 2011
Last Updated in our DirectoryFeb 5, 2020
Last checked by a snack-eating human.Mar 18, 2021
This event has concludedWe hope to update it for 2021
Updates, Corrections, or Problems
Run-Time: Saved Race
- A claimed race is one that you are a contact for. We can email you when we update our listing, or if we have questions or concerns. You can schedule reminder emails to renew your race listings.
- You must Create an Account and Log In, or use an Authorization Code to claim Listings.
- Learn more about Claimed Listings