Details from event's RunSignUp.com listing:
Be part of the event that was featured by Runners World as a race that gets you feeling the love! True loves, best buds and solo runners/walkers are all welcomed at this fun race and post-race brunch!
When: Sunday, February 13th, 2022.
- Registration/Packet Pick-up: 7am-8am outside of Gentle Ben's
- FitKidz Mile Start: 8:00am (BEFORE the main race)
- Relay, 4Mile, 2Mile Start: 8:30am
Where: Staging area at Main Gate Square outside of Gentle Ben's (865 E University Ave). Start line in front of UofA's Centennial Hall.
Packet Pick-Up & In-Person Registration Options:
1) At The Running Shop (3055 N Campbell) from 11-2 on Saturday, Feb 12th.
2) Outside of Gentle Ben's from 7am-8am on Sunday, Feb 13th
Race Parking: Street parking and Tyndall Ave Garage are all free on weekends!
Race Options (Each lap includes one set of UofA stadium ramps!)
- 4 mile Relay: 2-person relay where each person runs a 2-mile lap. Friends, sweethearts & family members can be a team! Relays must show some form of PDA (Public Display of Affection) at the PDA Exchange Zone and at the awards ceremony to be eligible for prizes!
- 4 mile individual race: 2 laps of the course
- 2 mile fitness walk/jog: 1 lap of the couse
- Free FitKidz Mile at 8:00am (FitKidz mile does not include breakfast at Gentle Ben's)
-Free post-race hot breakfast at Gentle Ben's (not included with free FitKidz mile)
-Mimosa and bloody mary specials available for purchase at the awards party
-First mimosa or bloody mary free to SAR members
-Festive PDA relay exchange zone
-Costume & PDA contest
-Course includes UofA stadium ramps
-Optional super soft, quality race shirts with design from local artist. Guaranteed t-shirt orders are now closed, however, a limited number of race shirts will be available for purchase for $15 at packet pickup on February 12th at the Running Shop on a first-come, first-serve basis.
-Group challenge to win a keg from Gentle Ben's Brewing Co
-Benefits Ben's Bells Project!
Group challenge: Win a Keg! Get your running group, company, or group of friends to sign up and let us know what group you are with when you register (all race options count)! The group with the most participants wins a keg gift certificate from Gentle Ben's/Barrio Brewing Co.! ALL group members must be over 21 to win this prize and you must sign up BEFORE race day!
**CALL FOR NOMINATIONS: KIND CUPID AWARD!!**
Know someone that is participating in the race that lives out the message of "Be Kind"? Nominate them here for the Kind Cupid Award! The winner will be announced and “caped” at the awards ceremony!
**NOTE: In the case of cancellation due to COVID-19, no refunds or deferrals will be issued. We thank you for your understanding**
For the love of all that is good and moisture wicking...
ALWAYS visit the race's website for the most complete and accurate race information.
Added to our DirectoryFeb 6, 2011
Last Updated in our DirectoryFeb 15, 2021
Last checked by a snack-eating human.Dec 12, 2021
This event has concludedWe hope to update it for 2023
Updates, Options, Corrections, or Problems
Run-Time: Saved Race
- A claimed race is one that you are a contact for. We can email you when we update our listing, or if we have questions or concerns. You can schedule reminder emails to renew your race listings.
- You must Create an Account and Log In, or use an Authorization Code to claim Listings.
- Learn more about Claimed Listings