Details from event's Active.com listing:
Many runners claim this is “the race” to meet your Personal Best! This 5K is an Atlanta AJC Peachtree Road Race qualifier.
25th Anniversary and Raising the Bar for Children's Charities
The Vinings Down Hill 5K course begins at the top of Mt. Wilkinson, winds around the Cumberland Mall area, and ends at the Lovett School (280-foot net drop). Despite the name of the race, well, it’s “not quite” all down hill…there are 3 hills to climb throughout the race – at the half-mile mark, during the second mile and during the last half-mile. There are also 3 really amazing down hill sections that make up for those climbs!
There is also a 1 K Fun Run and a fun Doggie Dash & Costume Contest!
Our event includes a huge post race party at Vinings Jubilee with awards, music, great food and expo.
Event details and schedule
- We will not closeout the 5k until we have 2000 runners
- Optional package pick-up Friday before the race at West Stride.
- 7am package pick-up near start of race
- A dog dash immediately following the 9 AM 1K Kids Run and walk at Vinings Jubilee.
- On-line registration only
- A 1 kilometer (0.6mi) Fun Run starting around 9 am in the Vinings Jubilee
- A 1 kilometer (0.6mi) Dog Walk starting immediately after start of Fun Run in the Vinings Jubilee
- Price increase June 22nd and August 13th
- T-shirts or hat option – pick up in Jubilee after race
- Race Day Registration: If entry has not sold out, limited “race day” registration will be offered at the race check-in table.
- Registered runners will be kept informed of updates and changes via email and this website.
For the love of all that is good and moisture wicking...
ALWAYS visit the race's website for the most complete and accurate race information.
Added to our DirectoryAug 7, 2010
Last Updated in our DirectorySep 7, 2020
Last checked by a snack-eating human.Sep 14, 2021
This event has concludedWe hope to update it for 2022
Updates, Options, Corrections, or Problems
Run-Time: Saved Race
- A claimed race is one that you are a contact for. We can email you when we update our listing, or if we have questions or concerns. You can schedule reminder emails to renew your race listings.
- You must Create an Account and Log In, or use an Authorization Code to claim Listings.
- Learn more about Claimed Listings