NameHank Aaron State Trail 5K
Aug 8, 2020 Saturday Cancelled
Extended Listing Information
Description was submitted to us. We do not confirm or monitor its accuracy.DescriptionThis year’s Hank Aaron State Trail Run/Walk/Ride will be a Do It Yourself event and there will be NO COST to participate! So you choose; get outdoors and run, walk or bike!ModifiedThis description was last modified Jun 25, 2020
Details from event's RunSignUp.com listing:
For 20 years, the Annual Hank Aaron State Trail 5K has brought our community together for a family-friendly and fun-filled morning to celebrate our beloved urban trail and wilderness. We hope to hold this year's 5K as scheduled on Saturday, August 8, but we are currently monitoring COVID-19 recommendations and will alter plans with the safety and health of the community as our first priority. This event also depends on the Brewers schedule which is currently in flux and will determine the availability of our regular location at the Tailgate Haus at Miller Park.
Should the run/walk be postponed or cancelled, attendees will have the option to:
- defer their registration to 2021,
- donate their registration fee to the Friends of Hank Aaron State Trail to help cover expenses already incurred, or
- receive a refund minus processing fees.
When final decisions are made, we will update this statement and send an e-newsletter (sign up here.) In the meantime, the Trail is open and all fees are waived for State Parks and Trails. We hope you are able to get outside, breathe in the fresh air, and enjoy the therapeutic effects of nature. Please observe social distancing of at least 6 feet and take care of yourselves and each other.
Friends of Hank Aaron State Trail
Come out to support the Hank Aaron State Trail and enjoy the beautiful route. The Run/Walk route takes you through Three Bridges Park crossing the Menomonee River, through restored prairie and provides a dramatic view of Miller Park in the home stretch. This route is steeped in history and located along Milwaukee's former rail and industrial corridor. This year, you'll pass the Trail's artwork, People of the Road, which honors the thousands of workers who carried Milwaukee's name across the country on rails. The public art sits at the site where the the Milwaukee Road operated for more than 100 years. The transformation of this area over the past 20 years is worth visiting over and over again. Stick around to enjoy the live band, celebrity hosts, root beer floats, burgers hot off the grill, and silent auction! Arguably, one of Milwaukee's best events all summer long!
Participants must register by July 25, 2020 to be guaranteed a shirt (see t-shirt here). All team members must be registered by July 22, 2020 to receive team logo and to guarantee shirt sizes!
Please see the "Team Registration" tab for team registration instructions and discount codes.
- Great music to keep your feet moving even after you finish the 5K
- Refreshments before and after the race. Root beer floats and burgers after!
- Family friendly, strollers allowed.
- Prizes for teams and top 3 male and female runners in each age group
- Silent auction with fabulous prizes!
- Race results available live on this page.
RACE PROCEEDS SUPPORT MAJOR TRAIL INITIATIVES INCLUDING:
- Sending 80 kids to Bike Adventure Camp this summer!
- Organizing Stew Crews that keep the trails clean from Spring through Fall!
- Art along the trail such as our current project, the People of the Road landmark!
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS - Saturday, August 8, 2020
- Registration & Packet Pick Up
- Coffee & pastries by Colectivo
- Silent auction open
- Community tables open
- Opening Ceremony & Pre-Race Announcement
- 5K Start Time
- Live music, burgers by Cargill, floats, and beverages, community table
- Every 44th Finisher prizes can be picked up near the Silent Auction table. Check the board located near the Silent Auction Table to see if you are a winner.
- Awards & Announcements
- Silent Auction Ends
- Event Ends
For the love of all that is good and moisture wicking...
ALWAYS visit the race's website for the most complete and accurate race information.
Added to our DirectoryJun 29, 2006
Last Updated in our DirectoryJun 25, 2020
This event has concludedWe hope to update it for 2021
Updates, Corrections, or Problems
Run-Time: Saved Race
- A claimed race is one that you are a contact for. We can email you when we update our listing, or if we have questions or concerns. You can schedule reminder emails to renew your race listings.
- You must Create an Account and Log In, or use an Authorization Code to claim Listings.
- Learn more about Claimed Listings