Details from event's RunSignUp.com listing:
The Norwegian Foot March is an annual event hosted by the University of Minnesota - Golden Gopher Battalion. For the first time, it is adding a 5 and 30-kilometer Trail Run option open to all Minnesota military families, Junior and Senior ROTC programs, and the general public. The event's proceeds will benefit the AUSA Troops of Tomorrow initiative and military programs throughout Minnesota.
History of the Norwegian Foot March
The Norwegian Foot March was first held in 1915 as a test of strength and endurance for members of the Norwegian military and to expose new soldiers to the conditions they could expect in the field. Those who completed a 30km distance with a backpack load of 11kg within 4.5 hours earned the Marsjmerket, the Norwegian Armed Forces Marching Badge. On the day after the event, the soldiers should be able to participate in regular duties fully. Over the last several years, the event has become popular among U.S. military units that use the march as an opportunity to support charitable causes.
4:00pm - 8:00pm: Packet Pickup, Arden Hills Army Training Center, 4761 Hamline Ave S. Arden Hills, MN 55112
7:00 - 8:45: 30K Foot March Packet Pickup
8:00 - 9:45: 5K Packet Pickup
9:00: Foot March & 30K Trail Run Start
9:10: 5K Start
11:00: 5K Awards Ceremony
Noon: Foot March & 30K Trail Run Awards Ceremony
- Foot March:$45
- 30K Trail Run:$45
- 5K Trail Run: $30
- Student/Cadets (5K Only): $20
- Kids 12 and Under Free for the 5K only (Age based pricing is automatically applied at checkout)
Everyone receives a t-shirt with their registration (no guarantee of shirt/size on race day; is it on a first-come, first-serve basis)
Registration closes on April 13, 2023.
NORWEGIAN 30K FOOT MARCH STANDARDS
The uniform that all participants will wear while on the course is as follows:
- Military members will wear their service's combat fatigues. Any camouflage pattern is acceptable, and uniforms will all be in accordance with applicable regulations. Civilians may wear any appropriate civilian attire and must also wear boots.
- A ruck weighing no less than 11 kilograms or 24.3 pounds. Note that the ruck will be weighed at the finish line, so anything you can consume over the course of the race (water, snacks, etc.) will not count for weight.
- A water source. There will be aid stations along the course with water and food, but you must also have at least one quart (one canteen) worth of water at the start of the race. Any type of container is acceptable (canteen, bladder, bottle, etc.).
- Any necessary cold or wet weather gear. You may keep this in your ruck during the race, but it will not count for weight and must be taken out when the ruck is weighed at the finish.
Click Here for updated Norwegian Foot March details.
Various awards will be given to top finishers and top age group finishers in the 5K and 30K Foot March.
Click Here for more details on the awards being presented.
TIMING AND RESULTS
The 5K and 30K will be chip timed by Pickle Events
Results will be available during the race at: www.pickleevents.com
Click here for 5K and 30K course maps
For the love of all that is good and moisture wicking...
ALWAYS visit the race's website for the most complete and accurate race information.
Added to our DirectoryDec 16, 2022
Last Updated in our DirectoryDec 16, 2022
Last checked by a snack-eating human.Dec 22, 2022
Appears in Directories
Updates, Options, Corrections, or Problems
- Because we personally verify everything that is submitted to us, we allow anyone to submit an update or correction, or report a problem. No need to create an account or log in.
- Submit an Update Or Correction
- Feature This Listing
- Report a Bad Link
- Remove From Directory
Run-Time: Saved Race
- A Saved Race is one that has been added to your personal directory. You can organized races in lists, and add comments for your own personal reminders and information.
- You must Create an Account and Log In to save races to your own personal directory.
- Learn more about Saved Races
- A claimed race is one that you are a contact for. We can email you when we update our listing, or if we have questions or concerns. You can schedule reminder emails to renew your race listings.
- You must Create an Account and Log In, or use an Authorization Code to claim Listings.
- Learn more about Claimed Listings