NameBucky's Race for Rehab
Apr 4, 2020 Saturday Cancelled
Extended Listing Information
Details from event's RunSignUp.com listing:Bucky's Race for Rehab Canceled
Bucky's Race for Rehab is a traditional 5K run/walk and 3K wheel/walk that encourages participation from community members of all backgrounds and abilities! This event sponsored by the UW-Madison Doctor of Physical Therapy Department serves as a fundraiser for our Pro Bono Clinic, Anatomy Body Donor Ceremony, and professional development funds. Every sponsorship, contribution, and registration helps support many different activities and needs of our students. Those needs include:
- New rehabilitation equipment for our student-run Pro Bono clinic, which serves individuals with neurological conditions who otherwise would not have access to PT care
- Donations to the UW-Madison School of Medicine and Public Health Body Donor Ceremony, which honors the individuals who so generously and selflessly donated, providing valuable educational opportunities for our students in the UW Anatomy Labs
- Professional development funds for sending our students to conferences and educational courses, where they get valuable hands-on experience and unique learning and leadership opportunities
- Purchasing necessary supplies for our Global Health Trips where PT students immerse themselves by volunteering with the children in the local community
Registration package: includes a race bib, T-shirt, post-race snack, and a raffle ticket for awesome prizes! Come join us for some fun, support a great cause, and hang out with Bucky Badger! Athletes are able to register the day of the race at the check-in table. This event will take place rain or shine. All sales are final and non-refundable. Race route can be viewed here: https://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/2877021013
**Note: T-shirts are unable to be guaranteed for registrants after SATURDAY MARCH 21, 2020.**
RACE DAY LOGISTICS
- Free parking is available around the UW Natatorium in Lots 62, 43, or 57. See campus parking map for a list of options: http://map.wisc.edu/
- The UW Natatorium will be open and available for restroom/locker room use.
- Check-in will begin at 12:30 pm on race day.
- Race Day Packets will be available at the check-in table on the day of the race. The packet will have your race bib, safety pins, T-shirt, race map, raffle ticket, and Agreement for Assumption of Risk & Indemnification Release.
- Health Care Provider: We will have a licensed health care provider and Athletic Trainer on staff the day of the race.
For the love of all that is good and moisture wicking...
ALWAYS visit the race's website for the most complete and accurate race information.
Added to our DirectoryMar 30, 2005
Last Updated in our DirectoryMar 21, 2020
This event has concludedWe hope to update it for 2021
Updates, Corrections, or Problems
Run-Time: Saved Race
- A claimed race is one that you are a contact for. We can email you when we update our listing, or if we have questions or concerns. You can schedule reminder emails to renew your race listings.
- You must Create an Account and Log In, or use an Authorization Code to claim Listings.
- Learn more about Claimed Listings