NameDick Lytie Classic
Events13.1M run15K run3M run
Mar 21, 2020 Saturday Cancelled
Extended Listing Information
Related Listingsorganized byGreen Bay Running Club
Details from event's RunSignUp.com listing:Race Canceled
Dick Lytie was a devoted runner and run promoter in the Green Bay area. Like many runners in the 70ś, he ran for the simple joy of running. Dick owned and operate the first running store in the Green Bay area, The Joggerś Joynt which was located on the East side of town on the corner of East Mason and Main Street. He helped organize many of the locale races through the store and began Wednesday fun runs held at Ashwaubenon High School.
In 1981, Dick organized the inaugural Dick Lytie Spring Classic to give folks the opportunity to run together and compete. True to his beliefs, it was a very modest event. Only two water stops were provided, one at the start and one at the end, it was a tough course with long climbs, and was traditionally known for having bad weather. While being a competitive event, it was mostly a low key fun event for people to enjoy running together in.
After Dick's death in 1996, the race was taken over by Deb and Mark Ernst, owners of InCompetition. Sticking with tradition, the Ernest kept the race with the same quirks as Dick did, and donated any money raised through the event to a local charity.
Due to the passing of Deb shortly after the race in 2016, the official event was not held in 2017 but a fun run was still held to commemorate the race. In 2018 the Green Bay Running Club took over this historic race to honor the lives of Dick Lytie and Deb Ernst who created many memories and camaraderie within the running community. This event includes a 3 mile, 15K, and a half marathon course which utilizes much of the original course (hills and all) that were part of the run for many years.
- Unisex T-shirt
- **In order to guarantee a t-shirt you must register by the end of the day on Friday, March 13th! Later registrants will receive shirts based on availability but are not guaranteed a shirt.
- Timed Race
- ** This will be a gun time start!
- Packet Pick Up at Red Smith School on race day ONLY from 6:30-7:45am
- Awards will be given to the top 3 individuals in each group for both male and female. Age groups are 17 and under, 18-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, and 70 & over!
- Online registration closes on Thursday, March 19th! There will be day of registration at packet pick up!
- Unisex T-shirt
For the love of all that is good and moisture wicking...
ALWAYS visit the race's website for the most complete and accurate race information.
Added to our DirectoryMar 24, 2005
Last Updated in our DirectoryMar 14, 2020
This event has concludedWe hope to update it for 2021
Updates, Corrections, or Problems
Run-Time: Saved Race
- A claimed race is one that you are a contact for. We can email you when we update our listing, or if we have questions or concerns. You can schedule reminder emails to renew your race listings.
- You must Create an Account and Log In, or use an Authorization Code to claim Listings.
- Learn more about Claimed Listings