NameJohn Jantz Memorial 5-Mile S-No-W Fun Run
Jan 9, 2021 Saturday Past Date
Related Listingsorganized byRacine Area Running Club
Details from event's RunSignUp.com listing:
Register early! Registration will be limited for the 2021 race. There is no on-site or late registration permitted.
Thank you to all of you who responded to our survey. Your feed back was greatly appreciated. 75% of you wanted to have the run and some type of fun after. Because of that feedback, the 42nd annual John Jantz Memorial S-NO-W Fun Run is a go!!! Our goal is to give you a fun, competitive racing experience in compliance with all CDC social distancing and health safety guidelines.
That being said, modifications will need to be made due to COVID-19 circumstances. Your safety is our number one priority. Please read the following changes and important information.
• Participants must follow all CDC safe distancing guidelines.
• Participants must be in good health and symptom free from any illness for at least 14 days prior to the event.
• All attendees are expected to wear face coverings, except while on course racing.
• The field will be limited to 300 participants for the 2021 race. Registration opens December 1st.
• Participants must register online in advance. Registration closes at 8am race day. NO LATE REGISTRATION.
• Participants will sign up for a designated start time. There is a strict limit for each assigned start time that are available on a first come, first serve basis. Start times for the 2021 race will be 2:30, 2:32, 2:34, 2:36, 2:38, and 2:40.
• Bib pickup will take place beginning at 12:30 on race day.
• Line up at least 6 feet apart from each runner no earlier than 2 minutes before your designated time.
• Participants must remain socially distant from one another at the start line.
• Participants will cross timing equipment at the start line. Once you cross the timing equipment, your time will start.
• The start line closes at 2:40PM. Anyone not started by that time will not be permitted on course.
• Minimal volunteers or marshals will be on course. It is your responsibility to know the course, and run it safely.
• Except for passing, participants should always remain on the far side of the course. Participants passing one another on the course must adhere to “no drafting” rules which include being no closer than 6 feet behind or in front of, or 6 feet beside other competitors at any time. Participants may pass only when there are not any oncoming runners approaching from the opposite direction. Before passing, participants must be sure they can safely remain 6 feet behind and then 6 feet in front of the participant being overtaken before merging back to the side of the pathway.
• Upon completing their run and crossing the finish line, participants must continue moving towards the exit of the finish area. Participants will be required to leave the finish line area as soon as they complete their race.
• Post race activities will include food (burgers, brats, chips) & beverages (soda & beer) as we have had in the past and will be available 2 - 3 hours after the run. This will give you plenty of eating and drinking time. Unfortunately, this year we will not include the big party activities such as a DJ, dancing, door prizes, photo booth, etc. You will actually have to talk to other runners and entertain yourselves. I know you can do it.
• Results will not be posted on site as these typically draw a crowd. They will be online only.
• Participants who opted in will receive a text message with their time shortly after crossing the finish line.
• Results will be updated throughout the day at www.ItsRaceTime.com
• Awards will be given to the OA Male & Female and for the first finisher in every age. No second place awards this year. Sorry.
About This Event
Join us for the best party race (with modifications in 2021) of the season! This five-mile event, held at the luxurious four-diamond Grand Geneva Resort & Spa, is the perfect weekend getaway for you and your running pals!
5 mile out and back on country roads and around the resort. Same as prior year with start line near the finish line, which is right outside the Forum room. No more long walk to the start line after packet pickup, its right outside the door. An out and back route on resort property and town roads. Start just outside the Forum Room (start line and finish line are next to each other this year). Begin by running the paved path on lake side of lodge the full length of the buildings, take a left just past Building 7 through the parking lot and then a right on the road down the hill, at bottom of hill turn left, continue past the airport buildings and off resort property turning right onto Sheridan Springs Road. Take a slight right onto Back Road, continue until you reach the turnaround. Return the way you came, remembering when reaching the top of the hill there is about a half mile to go. At top of hill turn left through the parking lot and onto the paved path next to the lake side of the lodge where you follow it to the finish.
It all started on a balmy winter day in 1980 at the Playboy Club in beautiful Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. Over 1,000 runners showed up for our first-time event. The late John Jantz fired the starter’s pistol, and Playboy bunnies, in uniform, gave out the trophies! Since then the run has added many additional run and party features. Join us for the 41st running of the best darn race and party in the Midwest!
The race begins and ends at the Grand Geneva Resort & Spa, just East of the intersection of Hwy 50 and Hwy 12 on the East side of Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. After the long driveway, you will see the Forum Convention Center building and parking lot. There is additional parking beyond the main entrance. Both the registration packet pickup and post-race party are at the Forum Banquet Room at the Building 1 end of resort.
Bib numbers may be picked up on race day starting at 12:30 PM at the Forum room.
Awarded to the first place finishers for each age. Medals are awarded to the fastest male and female of EACH age (e.g., 16,17,18,19,20,21,… and up)! Awards for the overall fastest male and female winners. And then there is the Grand, Overall, Overall, World Champion award!
A special award will be given to all preregistered runners.
For the love of all that is good and moisture wicking...
ALWAYS visit the race's website for the most complete and accurate race information.
Added to our DirectoryDec 10, 2004
Last Updated in our DirectoryNov 24, 2020
This event has concludedWe hope to update it for 2022
Updates, Corrections, or Problems
Run-Time: Saved Race
- A claimed race is one that you are a contact for. We can email you when we update our listing, or if we have questions or concerns. You can schedule reminder emails to renew your race listings.
- You must Create an Account and Log In, or use an Authorization Code to claim Listings.
- Learn more about Claimed Listings