Details from event's RunSignUp.com listing:
The event will consist of an 400-meter swim, 14.0 Mile bike and 5K run. The swim and transition area will be at the Hobie Beach Parking Lot in the Lewis and Clark Recreation Area, Yankton South Dakota. This is a beautiful venue for the experienced triathlon and a challenge to the novice competitors . You can compete as an individual or as a member of a relay team. In addition to participants receiving a t shirt and medal, overall and age group male and female winners will receive a trophy. Yankton's Best Tri is brought to you by Sertoma Club of Yankton, and all proceeds go toward community service projects, youth activities such as baseball, soccer, swimming and other charitable activities around Yankton.
Swim: A out and back open water course on Lewis and Clark Reservoir. If sustained winds are above 10mph at race time the course will be set parallel to the shore in shallow water. WetSuits are Optional. - No snorkel, fins or similar swimming aid may be used during the swim portion of the triathlon.
Bike: A 14.0 mile course from the Lewis and Clark Marina, turning south through the historic town of Yankton, and returning along the Nebraska side of the Missouri River. This is a non-drafting race, and side by side riding in prohibited.
Run: a beautiful 5K along the bike trail at Lewis and Clark State Park. Enjoy the water views during the entire run, watch sailboats assemble for the start of the Annual Bash to the Colonies which is held on the same day.
Relay Information: Relay teams may consist of 2 or 3 people. Participants may be any combination of age or gender.
For 2023 we have added an option to compete in a duathlon. For novice athletes that are not sure about the open water swim, we will instead challenge you with a 600 meter sprint, 14 mile bike and a 5K! Duathletes will start immediately after the final swimmers are off, and will follow the same bike and 5k course as the triathletes. All duathlon competitors will receive a race shirt and medal.
The event is limited to the first 250 entrants. If the event is canceled by the organizer, registrants will be given credit will be given for future races. No same day registrations.
T SHIRT cannot be guaranteed after August 11th.
For the love of all that is good and moisture wicking...
ALWAYS visit the race's website for the most complete and accurate race information.
Added to our DirectoryApr 15, 2022
Last Updated in our DirectoryMar 3, 2023
Appears in Directories
Updates, Options, Corrections, or Problems
- Because we personally verify everything that is submitted to us, we allow anyone to submit an update or correction, or report a problem. No need to create an account or log in.
- Submit an Update Or Correction
- Feature This Listing
- Report a Bad Link
- Remove From Directory
Run-Time: Saved Race
- A Saved Race is one that has been added to your personal directory. You can organized races in lists, and add comments for your own personal reminders and information.
- You must Create an Account and Log In to save races to your own personal directory.
- Learn more about Saved Races
- A claimed race is one that you are a contact for. We can email you when we update our listing, or if we have questions or concerns. You can schedule reminder emails to renew your race listings.
- You must Create an Account and Log In, or use an Authorization Code to claim Listings.
- Learn more about Claimed Listings