Details from event's RunSignUp.com listing:
ProYouth is hosting the 2nd Annual 5k run and 2 mile color run/walk. Come out and run in our competitive 5k, or bring the whole family and run, jog, or dance your way through our 2 mile course. We will throw in the color and the fun! With registration you will receive a participation medal and a white shirt to get blasted with color. There will be color stations throughout the fun run and powder will be in the air so bring a head covering if you wish. After your race, enjoy a snack and a colorful dance party with our DJ. All proceeds will benefit the programs and students who are part of the ProYouth afterschool network. Parents if you do not want to run/walk, you can sign the kids up to do the run/walk and just watch and take photos! See our Facebook page for race updates.
We will be having two races. Both the competitive race and color run will begin at 9:00 AM. The 5K race is for all of the serious competitors and people who wish not to be colorized. There will be a trophy awarded to the top male and female runner. The race will be timed. Results will be posted on our Run Sign Up page within 24-72 hours of the finish. Photos will also be taken at the finish line and uploaded onto our page. Please be aware that our course will be on the road and in the grass. The color run is open to people of all ages who want to run, walk, jog, or dance your way through the course. Throughout the fun run you will be blasted with color at the color stations. Photos will be taken at the finish line and along the course. Photos will be posted on our page within 24-72 hours of the finish.
WHAT TO WEAR
We recommend that you wear white for catching the brilliant color and sunglasses for shielding your eyes. Also, you should wear a bandanna around your mouth and nose to keep from inhaling powder. We will supply a mask in case you want to use that.
ALL ENTRY FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE. We are accepting entries online through runsignup.com. Be sure to sign up early as the price will go up as we get closer to race day.
***EVERYONE planning on running/walking The ProYouth 5k and 2 mile Color Run MUST complete a registration form and sign the waiver!
Every participant will receive a medal and a t-shirt plus a swag bag. Anyone who signs up after the cutoff date is not guaranteed a medal or shirt. Trophies will also be awarded for the top male and female in the competitive 5k run.
AFTER THE RACE
We will provide you with a water and banana after the race. You will also be able to hang out at our post-race health fair and listen to Simon Ybarra’s Mobile Dj Service and Entertainment will be providing music during and after the race.
For the love of all that is good and moisture wicking...
ALWAYS visit the race's website for the most complete and accurate race information.
Added to our DirectoryJan 10, 2022
Last Updated in our DirectoryOct 2, 2022
Appears in Directories
This event has concludedWe hope to update it for 2024
Updates, Options, Corrections, or Problems
- Because we personally verify everything that is submitted to us, we allow anyone to submit an update or correction, or report a problem. No need to create an account or log in.
- Submit an Update Or Correction
- Feature This Listing
- Report a Bad Link
- Remove From Directory
Run-Time: Saved Race
- A Saved Race is one that has been added to your personal directory. You can organized races in lists, and add comments for your own personal reminders and information.
- You must Create an Account and Log In to save races to your own personal directory.
- Learn more about Saved Races
- A claimed race is one that you are a contact for. We can email you when we update our listing, or if we have questions or concerns. You can schedule reminder emails to renew your race listings.
- You must Create an Account and Log In, or use an Authorization Code to claim Listings.
- Learn more about Claimed Listings