Details from event's Active.com listing:
Two sisters with One vision! Our intention for the Peace of Mind 5k run/walk is to spread positive awareness and raise funds to support programs who help individuals overcome everyday social, emotional, and mental challenges. Proceeds will provide funding for Preventive and Treatment supports for Mental Wellness. We believe, when one mind is peaceful and free, we all thrive as a community. Entrepreneurs and philanthropists can develop and thrive! When we don’t have the tools to foster a healthy mindset through difficult obstacles and challenges; social, emotional, and mental challenges develop and negatively impact our lives. The onset of anxiety, stress and depression occur and can be debilitating. There are forty million individuals in the US alone diagnosed with anxiety. Peace of Mind run/walk is addressing mental health concerns in two different ways, by supporting a social emotional curriculum for children called “Choose Love,” and by raising funds for scholarship opportunities for youth/adults whose challenges have resulted in addictive behaviors and/or other debilitating behaviors. Shining light, awareness and promoting comfortability around these topics by focusing on Preventive Care and Treatment is our focus with the following non-profit and scholarship fund:
· Choose Love Movement - a national non-profit organization focused on social emotional curriculum for school aged youth aimed to bring more awareness in healthy/positive language and providing opportunities for youth to feel loved and seen. https://chooselovemovement.org/
· Peace of Mind Scholarship Fund - A portion of proceeds will be allotted to provide funding for qualified individuals who require financial assistance to access effective mental health services.
We are two sisters aiming to unite hearts and communities, one "peaceful" mind at a time! Join us with this vision!
- Bring in corporate sponsors to support the event
- Raise money to send individuals through effective scholarship programs
- Bring social/emotional curriculums into classrooms
- Create awareness in the overall community to inspire participation
- Build a team of peace-minded community members all running/walking towards the same vision and mission
Event details and schedule
For the love of all that is good and moisture wicking...
ALWAYS visit the race's website for the most complete and accurate race information.
Added to our DirectoryAug 23, 2021
Last Updated in our DirectoryAug 23, 2021
Last checked by a snack-eating human.Nov 15, 2021
Updates, Options, Corrections, or Problems
Run-Time: Saved Race
- A claimed race is one that you are a contact for. We can email you when we update our listing, or if we have questions or concerns. You can schedule reminder emails to renew your race listings.
- You must Create an Account and Log In, or use an Authorization Code to claim Listings.
- Learn more about Claimed Listings