Details from event's Active.com listing:
ONLINE REGISRATION IS CLOSED, BUT YOU CAN STILL REGISTER THIS FRIDAY 7/30 FROM 4-7PM AT BIG PEACH RUNNING CO. IN KENNESAW, AND ALSO SATURDAY MORNING AT THE START OF THE RACE BEGINNING AT 7AM.
We are having this race to raise money for rescues at the farm! Proceeds go to current rescues as well as helping save more horses and donkeys from the slaughter pipeline.
Both courses are completely closed to traffic. The 5K is a USATF certified route that takes you from Etowah River Park to Heritage Park and back.
NOT READY TO RUN LIVE? SIGN UP FOR THE VIRTUAL 5K! Run anywhere in the US, and have your swag shipped right to your doorstep!
Event details and schedule
1K starts at 730am
5K starts at 800am
Plenty of free parking at the park!
Awards will be given out to overall male and female, masters male and female, and top 3 male and female in various age groups.
VIRTUAL RUN TIME SUBMISSION
Please follow all of the steps below in order to be included in the results;
- Run or walk a 5K anywhere - even on a treadmill. If you are running/walking outside, please make sure you are following all social distancing rules and follow ALL local, state, and federal mandates! You can run and submit your time anytime between 7/22 and 8/1. No times will be accepted after 8/1
- Take a picture of your time/distance. It can be through Strava, Garmin, Mapmyrun, or even a picture of your watch or treadmill display. As long as we can see your distance / time, you are good!
- Email your proof to firstname.lastname@example.org within the time window posted above. Times submitted outside of this window will not count. Please include your full name in the email. ***VERY IMPORTANT*** In the subject line of your email, please put "Warangel 5K Results Submission" This will help us know which event you are participating in.
We will have results posted by 8/2 on active.com .
- All participants must be temperature screened prior to starting. There will be a temperature screening tent next to race day pickup. If you have a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher, you will not be able to participate.
- We will have bottled water on the course and at the finish. There will also be pre-packaged snacks. Please do not hang out in the food/water area.
- Please do not congregate at/near the finish line. Avoid congregating in groups before and after the race
- Our staff will wear masks. Participants are strongly encouraged to wear masks before and after the race.
- We will start the race in smaller groups, socially distanced. Please listen to instructions from the DJ and timers at the start.
- Sanitizer will be available at various areas in the race area.
- Please do not arrive prior to 645am. We strongly encourage you to stay in your vehicles while waiting.
- If you have a fever, chills, sore throat, cough, or any sign of illness or symptom of COVID-19, please do not attend. Contact event director if you have questions.
For the love of all that is good and moisture wicking...
ALWAYS visit the race's website for the most complete and accurate race information.
Added to our DirectoryMay 19, 2021
Last Updated in our DirectoryMay 19, 2021
This event has concludedWe hope to update it for 2022
Updates, Options, Corrections, or Problems
Run-Time: Saved Race
- A claimed race is one that you are a contact for. We can email you when we update our listing, or if we have questions or concerns. You can schedule reminder emails to renew your race listings.
- You must Create an Account and Log In, or use an Authorization Code to claim Listings.
- Learn more about Claimed Listings