NameSaguaro National Park Labor Day Run
Events8M run5K run
Sep 6, 2021 Monday
Extended Listing Information
This listing has been flagged as incomplete, unconfirmed, conflicting, or missing links. We are actively trying to resolve the issue.
Related Listingsorganized bySouthern Arizona Roadrunners
Details from event's Active.com listing:
Early registration is open for Tucson's iconic running race. We're capping the total amount of runners at 750, so grab your spot. Better yet -- we're planning a souvenir medallion for the 50th anniversary race! See www.azroadrunners.org for more details.
This scenic course and the post-race festivities truly embrace the spirit of the old Southwest, making the 50th Saguaro National Park Labor Day Run a regional favorite.
Our rolling 8-mile and 5k courses loop through a cactus forest in the foothills of the scenic Rincon Mountains at Saguaro National Park East. Race morning promises to be hot, so bring water and sunscreen.
The oldest race of the Southern Arizona Roadrunners, this event has been featured as a Runner’s World Race of the Month.
Capped at 750 participants combined in both 8-miler and 5k
Incentive-based Prize Money in 8-miler
Age Group Awards from Running Shop, top three in 5-year categories in 8-miler and top three in 10-year categories in 5k Run/Walk
Chip-Timing, with start/finish line chip timing by Roadrunner Race Timing
Technical running shirt with unique race artwork
50th Anniversary Commemorative Medallion to all finishers
The 8-miler is part of SAR's Running Shop Grand Prix.
Water at 2, 4, 6, and 7 mile marks (at 1 and 2 mile marks for 5k)
PRIZE MONEY AND AWARDS
The 8 Miler is part of SAR's Running Shop Desert Grand Prix.
Gift certificates and other prizes for overall and age-group winners, plus $250 to fastest man and woman who break the current course records:
- Nicholas Hilton 41:33, 2018
- Katie James 46:39, 2016
Race Director Challenge: The first man who breaks race director Randy Accetta's course PR of 42:48 will receive $424.80 in cash on the barrelhead. The first woman who breaks an age-graded equivalent of 47:48 will receive $474.80 in cash on the barrelhead.
* Unofficial training runs at Saguaro, every Sunday morning in August, at 6:00 am. All ages and abilities welcome—just come and run or walk on your own! Bring your own water, car-pool if you can, park legally, and bring the Park fee!
* Get ready for the hill: A-Mountain Training Runs start in August every Monday night at Meet Me at Maynard’s—starting at 5:45 from Hotel Congress
Event details and schedule
5-6 Packet pick-up
For the love of all that is good and moisture wicking...
ALWAYS visit the race's website for the most complete and accurate race information.
Added to our DirectoryJul 31, 2002
Last Updated in our DirectorySep 11, 2020
Request a Re-Check
Updates, Corrections, or Problems
Run-Time: Saved Race
- A claimed race is one that you are a contact for. We can email you when we update our listing, or if we have questions or concerns. You can schedule reminder emails to renew your race listings.
- You must Create an Account and Log In, or use an Authorization Code to claim Listings.
- Learn more about Claimed Listings