Quantcast
Mobile Site You Might Be a Runner If... Gifts for Runners Login Run-Time (formerly User Options) Client Support Center
Work Hard. Play Harder.
Forum Links
Map Menu
Select a State
Other Options
Recent Posts
Help
About
Link to Forum Pages

Forum: Running in Texas
Return to Forum: Running in Texas
Topic: Caveman Crawl _5K_Obstacle Course/Adventure Race?
1 to 3 of 3
Format For Printing
Posted By: Daniel Posted: May 4, 2010 Reply
I recently finished the Warrior Dash 5K "Extreme" course, it was somewhat difficult. By somewhat I mean I didn't expect to be swimming or puking as much. Jumping over fire seemed like a cool idea until there was an.. incident. Hope she makes a full recovery.  We are always looking for something to push our body's limit to the edge.

Has anyone participated in any of these obstacle course race type events (ie. Mud Run/Caveman Crawl/Warrior Dash)?  Any ideas on training for a 5K obstacle course? I did the 10K Mud Run in boots (as required) and could barely lift my legs by the end, not to mention the blister. The Warrior Dash thankfully didn't require boots to be worn and I think the Caveman Crawl will be the same. 

Posted By: Lisa-Marie Posted: Apr 8, 2011 Reply
Reply To:
Daniel
There's an event at @3 Palms Extreme Sports Park (Conroe, TX) coming up 4th of July weekend.... www.RacingHumans.com .  Have you ever heard of CrossFit for training?...my buddy does SealFit as well.  They actually held Warrior Dash this year at this facility...different parts of it.  Should be a good time, not to mention the awesome finisher's cape, medallion and oh yeah, FREE BEER! ;-)
Posted By: Noe Drilon Posted: Oct 26, 2011 Reply
Reply To:
Daniel

The entire team of the Survival Race shares a core philosophy.  Life should be lived!  We believe that challenging ourselves will enhance our lives both physically and mentally.

For more information please visit: Adventure race