Quantcast
Mobile Site You Might Be a Runner If... Gifts for Runners Login Run-Time (formerly User Options) Client Support Center
Work Hard. Play Harder.
Forum Links
Map Menu
Select a State
Other Options
Recent Posts
Help
About
Link to Forum Pages

Forum: Training - Nutrition - Injuries
Return to Forum: Training - Nutrition - Injuries
Topic: New to running, but found some inspiration
1 to 1 of 1
Format For Printing
Posted By: new2running Posted: Aug 15, 2007 Reply
So, I am new to running and haven't really gotten past running a mile or two yet. It's been hard to get into the swing of this because of the crazy heat down here in North Carolina.

Anyway, I was feeling kinda down about my performance or should I say lack there of and was searching the internet and came across this recent article in the New York Times Cheering Section:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/12/sports/hockey/12cheer.html

After reading about Mike Richter (for those of you who don't know him, he lead the New York Rangers to the Stanley Cup in 1994 and the United States to a gold medal in the 1996 World Cup of Hockey)prearing to run the ING New York City Marathon on November 4 I got reenergized.

Richter is also participating the ING’s Run for Something Better program, which encourages boys and girls to participate in physical activities as a way of fighting obesity.

This story has totally inspired me to get back out there and keep running. I am also going to check out orangelaces.com and see how I can become part of the Run for Something Better program in my area.

To everyone... keep running.