Quantcast
Mobile Site You Might Be a Runner If... Gifts for Runners Login Run-Time (formerly User Options) Client Support Center
Work Hard. Play Harder.
Forum Links
Map Menu
Select a State
Other Options
Recent Posts
Help
About
Link to Forum Pages

Forum: Big Sur International Marathon
Return to Forum: Big Sur International Marathon Race Info
Topic: 2014 Recap - Bucket List
1 to 1 of 1
Format For Printing
Posted By: Webmaster Mary Posted: Jun 10, 2014 Reply
Updated:
Jun 10, 2014
Ever since I learned of this 26.2 mile creature, the Big Sur Marathon has been on my bucket list. 12 years after my first marathon, I finally had Big Sur on my schedule.

Of course, I had to do the Boston 2 Big Sur Challenge. 2 marathons, 2 coasts, 6 days. Yep. I am there.

Boston went well, and was a very fast paced short trip.

California on the other hand, would be a much more relaxing trip.

We (husband/Webmaster Bill and our son Danny) flew into San Francisco on Friday. With no time constraints, the yucky traffic jams were not enjoyable, but not stressful either. We made our way down to Seaside, CA.

Fellow running group friends are also on this trip: Jody Geibl and Catherine Campion. Jody is traveling with her mom, and Cath is here with her husband, Kevin. Jody and Cath are both doing the marathon. Kevin is running the 5K.

Two other Wisconsin women are also here doing the Boston 2 Big Sur Challenge: Sheila Wordell and Anne Coffman.

We enjoyed some leisurely sight-seeing, and attended packet pickup and the expo. We had dinner with our running friends and their families.

Marathon morning started very early with a bus ride at something like 4am. We rode to the start, had just enough time to wait in the never ending porta-potty line, and off we went on a 26.2 mile north bound run to Carmel, CA.

It was absolutely stunning. After finishing, we drove the course so that Bill and Danny could see it. It was even more stunning the second time.

We enjoyed another relaxing day in California, and headed back to Wisconsin on Monday.

Sub 4 Marathon State Number 42.
Lifetime Marathon Number 82.