Quantcast
Mobile Site You Might Be a Runner If... Gifts for Runners Login Run-Time (formerly User Options) Client Support Center
Work Hard. Play Harder.
Forum Links
Map Menu
Select a State
Other Options
Recent Posts
Help
About
Link to Forum Pages

Forum: Litchfield Spring Duathlon
Return to Forum: Litchfield Spring Duathlon Race Info
Topic: Litchfield Spring Duathlon
1 to 2 of 2
Format For Printing
Posted By: Posted: Apr 20, 2014 Reply
This is a small event and was poorly run.  No timing, which is being fixed next year and the race course is poorly marked.  Competitor in front of me made a error on the bike course and then two of us did later.  Last year I heard the same thing happened.  Probably the worst pre-race directions I have ever heard.  Nice town, could be a good event, but poorly organized.  I excepted it to be a small not top notch event going in but it exceeded my expectations.  There were enough volunteers but nobody gave them direction.  Could have put a high school student at all turns to make sure competitors knew where to go.  Or have the map be accurate and posted before race day.

I would expect more from a USAT sanctioned event.
Posted By: stlhiker Posted: Apr 21, 2014 Reply
I couldn't disagree more.  There was instruction at the start that previewed the course.  Both portions were marked with orange arrows. every turn had people doing traffic control and instruction.  I'll be back next year.