Quantcast
Mobile Site You Might Be a Runner If... Gifts for Runners Login Run-Time (formerly User Options) Client Support Center
Work Hard. Play Harder.
Forum Links
Map Menu
Select a State
Other Options
Recent Posts
Help
About
Link to Forum Pages

Forum: FIVE55 Aquathlon Series - Grapevine
Return to Forum: FIVE55 Aquathlon Series - Grapevine Race Info
Topic: FIVE55 Aquathlon cancelled 9 hours before race!!
1 to 1 of 1
Format For Printing
Posted By: Scott - 14641 Posted: Apr 20, 2014 Reply
I am wondering how many other racers had signed up for this race.

I registered for this race, and then never got another email from the organization. I called the day prior for packet pickup info, etc, and was just told to be at the race area a little early, packet pickup would be that morning.

I went down to the lake to check the are out, since I am not a local, and had no ideas where I would be parking, etc...etc. At 4pm the day before a multiple distance, multiple sport event, not a single thing in the are had been marked off.

No star areas, finish areas, or transition. This race was supposed to have multiple swim lengths, multiple run lengths, and not a single thing had been done less that 24 hours prior to race start.

At 10PM, NINE hours before start time, I got an email saying that due to circumstances beyond their control, they were going to have to cancel the race.

Are you kidding me??

Is there anyone else on here who had registered for the race? Anyone who had planned on volunteering?

I am certainly not going to register for another race from this organizer.