Quantcast
Mobile Site You Might Be a Runner If... Gifts for Runners Login Run-Time (formerly User Options) Client Support Center
Work Hard. Play Harder.
Forum Links
Map Menu
Select a State
Other Options
Recent Posts
Help
About
Link to Forum Pages

Forum: IMT Des Moines Marathon
Return to Forum: IMT Des Moines Marathon Race Info
Topic: 2013 Recap - Holy Hills
1 to 1 of 1
Format For Printing
Posted By: Webmaster Mary Posted: Dec 8, 2013 Reply
Ok... I am way behind on writing recaps. So this is going to be short.

Our short trip to Des Moines, Iowa included a quick stop at the Herbert Hoover museum in West Branch, Iowa. If you are traveling through Iowa on I-80, and have an hour to spare. Definitely stop here. Short and sweet excursion. I learned all kinds of things about Herbert Hoover that I have already forgotten. But I remember that I enjoyed it.

A couple friends of ours also made the road trip to Des Moines. Catherine Campion and Jody Geibl. They were joined by their friend Leah Ruesink.

We met up with Catherine, Jody and Leah for dinner at the Court Avenue Brewing Company for dinner.

Race morning was chilly. Catherine, Jody, and I ran the full marathon. Leah ran the half. The course was very scenic, going through lots of beautiful neighborhoods. And lots and lots of hills.

Afterwards, Webmaster Bill and I enjoyed delicious and creatively named burgers at Zombie Burger. The place was suggested by the Jody/Catherine/Leah group, but unfortunately, they ran out of time, and had to head back... it was about a 45 minute wait for a table at 2pm in the afternoon. Very popular place.

This one was sub 4 marathon state number 36.

Lifetime marathon number 73.

Marathon number 16 for this year.