Quantcast
Mobile Site You Might Be a Runner If... Gifts for Runners Login Run-Time (formerly User Options) Client Support Center
Work Hard. Play Harder.
Forum Links
Map Menu
Select a State
Other Options
Recent Posts
Help
About
Link to Forum Pages

Forum: Running in Florida
Return to Forum: Running in Florida
Topic: Florida Mud Running gets a New Race
1 to 1 of 1
Format For Printing
Posted By: Alex Hutchinson Posted: Nov 24, 2013 Reply
Mud and Obstacle runs are becoming uber popular especially here in the Sunshine State. However, this popularity has forced most large promoters to raise their prices as it becoming harder and harder for newbies to get their foot in the door.

This popularity has opened the door for new promoters. The 2nd annual Tippecanoe Mud Run is one of the races that is attempting to fill that gap. It is organized by Charlotte County with a lower price than the big races but intended to be an intro to the sport with challenging obstacles and lots of fanfare.

I am a big fan of running and cycling. I compete in and write about events that I attend here in southwest Florida but I didn't know much about mud running so I decided to cover the race and see if it is worthy of such attention. Take a look at what I discovered -  http://ahbmx.blogspot.com/2013/11/introduction-to-joy-of-mud-tippecanoe.html