Quantcast
Mobile Site You Might Be a Runner If... Gifts for Runners Login Run-Time (formerly User Options) Client Support Center
Work Hard. Play Harder.
Forum Links
Map Menu
Select a State
Other Options
Recent Posts
Help
About
Link to Forum Pages

Forum: Heart Half Marathon
Return to Forum: Heart Half Marathon Race Info
Topic: 2013 was disappointing
1 to 10 of 11
Page: Prev | Next
Format For Printing
Posted By: Stonejaw Posted: Nov 3, 2013 Reply
Updated:
Nov 3, 2013
For starters - NO PANCAKE breakfast despite it being advertised on the website and brochure. At packet pickup the night before they stickered the brochure to say "Lots of Goodies At Finish." Not so much, food offered this year was minimal - water, oranges, bananas and bagels. Nothing warm offered, no coffee, no protein either. This despite a 1/2 marathon and starting temperature of 29 degrees for all three races. No timing chips were used - despite this being a fairly large event - why not? Many other lesser races do. Northern Colorado runners expect more from a well attended 10 year old race. The 1/2 marathon course was very different than advertised, probably better and safer, but brochures and website were wrong. No results were posted after the race this year - REALLY? Nor were any results posted on race day. Hopefully tomorrow?? Also the 5 and 10K races started on a sandy beach - once again different than was shown anywhere.
Posted By: Jwaldbus Posted: Nov 3, 2013 Reply
Reply To:
Stonejaw
Race results were posted following the race. They were taped to the Runner's Roost trailer.

The 5k/10K always starts on the beach - it has for years and the maps say as much.

The only change from previous years that was not posted was the start of the half which started on the south side of equalizer lake. I assume this was to avoid running across the street at the start?

I too was looking forward to the Boy Scout pancakes. They were a staple of the post race party.

Reply To:
Jwaldbus
Updated:
Nov 3, 2013
Jwaldbus

Check out the map - link below - it clearly shows the 5 and 10K races starting in the parking lot. (I have run other races there that did start in the parking lot as shown on the map on the website and in the brochure). Guess I missed the Runner's Roost trailer - hopefully results will be posted online sometime. Also the half on the map does not show the race going through the neighborhood at the northeast side of Boyd Lake.

http://pvhs.org/body.cfm?id=1747

Posted By: veatcht Posted: Nov 3, 2013 Reply
Reply To:
Stonejaw
 I had to create an account to add to this.  I also ran this and hopped across the finish after getting injured.  But as I finished one of the guys at the finish line that was helping me get to medical said, "get some ice and then get yourself some pancakes".  I swear.  I didn't want pancakes, I just wanted to go home so I never even noticed they didn't have them.  But um...maybe everyone thought there were pancakes?  Random.

However...had I KNOWN I wouldn't get to see my results until I had grandchildren...I would have stayed and had my husband go look for me.  What the heck?  It's kind of a bummer we're still waiting for them.  Also a bummer no chip timing.  I looked at all the small print and didn't see where it said (or didn't say) anything about it.  I would like to have known that. And I agree...I've run a lot of smaller events that did have it.  And their website works.  ;)

I feel like this year maybe things were a little off.  Medical was awesome, the finish line people were great.  (I may be the only one here, but that pink of the girls shirts.  Holy smokes People.  It could stop traffic.  Yikes.  Bad.  But now we're nitpicking.  I'll just donate it.  Just a little sad. It's a Brooks shirt!)  That's all.  I'm done. Thanks!
Reply To:
veatcht
Sorry to hear of your injury! Hope you recover soon. Unfortunately, looks like they NEVER posted 2009 or 2007, so keep your fingers crossed.
Posted By: veatcht Posted: Nov 4, 2013 Reply
Reply To:
Stonejaw
Thanks!  I'll be in recovery a few weeks probably.  I'll be unhappy if there aren't results. I'm just frustrated right now...weirdest race ever. 
Posted By: tiltmeter Posted: Nov 4, 2013 Reply
Reply To:
Stonejaw
The results posted on the trailer stopped somewhere at 53 minutes.  So if you finished in less than 53 minutes, you saw your results.  There were plenty of us who finished longer than that...so we didn't get our times.  Still hoping they do eventually get posted, because I know I ran a PR, just don't know what it was.
Reply To:
tiltmeter
I noticed that the packet pickup info message came from info@horsetoothhalfmarathon.com
Found the results here
Reply To:
tiltmeter
Actually, that only looks like half marathon results.  Sadly no results yet for 5 or 10 K
Reply To:
tiltmeter
Ughh...
actually the results are there, they are just labeled as Rebound on a different date.  So check the links for 5 or 10 K, you will be there.