Quantcast
Mobile Site You Might Be a Runner If... Gifts for Runners Login Run-Time (formerly User Options) Client Support Center
Work Hard. Play Harder.
Forum Links
Map Menu
Select a State
Other Options
Recent Posts
Help
About
Link to Forum Pages

Forum: Anything Else - Running Related
Return to Forum: Anything Else - Running Related
Topic: Awesome dual-RFID system for well under $3,000. Perfect for races with less than 3,000 participants.
1 to 1 of 1
Format For Printing
Posted By: Brian_Agee Posted: Oct 24, 2012 Reply
Updated:
Oct 24, 2012
I developed RFID race timing software as a side project because chip timing companies simply take off-the-shelf RFID components and they make their software work only with equipment you buy from them at triple their original price. For the first time ever, chip timing is affordable for everyone.

If you have a small event (where the finish line can be less than 7 feet wide) then you could get by with just the Thinkify TR200 and a single antenna and the total cost would be under $500 for the hardware.

Most people however purchase the Motorola FX7400 4-port reader and use the TR200 as a backup RFID reader since it's solely USB powered and operated. So the total cost for most people for a dual-RFID system with 5 antennas is around $1,900.

To make it easy on people, I also will give you the software free for a month so that you can test everything out and maybe even time your first race with it. If you like it, then then you can buy the software ($600), and if you do not then you can sell the equipment online or I can probably sell it for you since I have many people looking to buy the hardware.

If all you need is a manual system for capturing finishing time and bib numbers you can purchase the manual version of my software for $300.

With this system you can attach a Canon SLR camera and it will automatically take a photo of every finisher, the software can create an event website with online registration with a single button click, it allows you to map your course, it can create your registration forms for you, and many other things that will save a race director a lot of time and money.

I do not charge a yearly fee of any kind. So once you own the software you can use it as many times as you want for as long as you want. 

You can see videos of the system in action here:  http://www.youtube.com/user/brianagee127

Here is my website:  http://www.ageeracetiming.com/

Shoot me an email if you have any questions. I am also more than happy to speak by phone if you'd like.
Thanks!
Brian