Quantcast
Mobile Site You Might Be a Runner If... Gifts for Runners Login Run-Time (formerly User Options) Client Support Center
Work Hard. Play Harder.
Forum Links
Map Menu
Select a State
Other Options
Recent Posts
Help
About
Link to Forum Pages

Forum: Running in Colorado
Return to Forum: Running in Colorado
Topic: Apex PRD Father's Day 5K and Family Fun Run - volunteer opportunity!
1 to 1 of 1
Format For Printing
Posted By: Amanda Posted: May 13, 2012 Reply
The annual Apex Park and Recreation District Foundation Father's Day 5K and Fun Run is coming up on Sunday, June 17, 2012. A great event needs great volunteers, which means YOU! Be a part of our Get Active, Stay Active initiative—no experience is needed, and there’s a wide variety of tasks and times available. Middle and high school students: if you’re looking for community service hours, this is the perfect opportunity. It’s also a great activity for families or organizations. In appreciation, there will be plenty of food and drinks available for you!

Various volunteer positions to include, but not limited to:

**We would need the most volunteers between 6:30am - 11am, the rest until approximately 2pm**

-Registration/bagging

-Set-up and signage

-5K route monitors, water attendants, sign holders, etc.

-Timing/prizes - assist in announcing winners and distributing prizes

-Fun Run - kid's medal distribution

-Children/Family Activities - implementing games and activities for children

-Traffic/Parking - assist in directing traffic and directing parking

-Post Event - break down equipment, banners, signage

Both events (5K and Fun Run) start and end at the Apex Center, 13150 W. 72nd Avenue, Arvada CO. The 5K starts at 8am and the Fun Run at 9:30am. The 5K route winds through the tree-lined neighborhoods west of the Apex Center, and the Fun Run, approximately 1 mile long, follows the paved trail just to the east and south of the center.

Also, there will be an ugly tie contest! Young or old, male or female…wear a tie and you could win a prize if it’s judged to be the ugliest - volunteers included! The only rule is that you must keep it on during your event! We’ll choose one winner for the 5K, one for the fun run and one for the volunteers.

Proceeds go to the Apex Park and Recreation District Foundation, a non-profit agency dedicated to improving community recreation. This year, the Foundation has designated 100% of the event’s proceeds to youth recreation programs. Both Apex PRD and the Foundation are committed to keeping Arvada’s youth active, so your participation in the 5K/Fun Run helps kids who otherwise could not afford these recreation programs.

We appreciate your consideration to volunteer for this great event! We need great volunteers for a great event to run efficiently!

Again, we would need the most volunteers between 6:30am - 11am, the rest until approximately 2pm. The day of the event, Sunday, June 20th, please check in with me upon your arrival so I can direct you to your area. Once you communicate to me that you are interested in volunteering, you will be contacted further in regards to more information about your job assignment.

As leaders of your respective areas, please forward on to any coaches and/or teachers that may be willing to get a group of volunteers. If anyone is interested, please call me at Apex Center Guest Services, 303-424-7733, or email me at amandag@apexprd.org. You can also reach me on my cell phone at 720-810-8522. If you are not interested, please let me know as well. If you are unable to volunteer, but would like to participate in the run, please register at apexprd.org/5k.

Thank you for your time!

Amanda Gibson

Volunteer Coordinator 5k and Fun Run

Apex Park and Recreation District

303-424-7733 (work)

720-810-8522 (cell)

amandag@apexprd.org